chapter-5

Sophie Esinberg's POV

Chilled air caressed my face as my feet were pushing the ground behind with all its strength. Strands of my hair were dancing and playing with the wind as they flowed behind me. As I passed by an old couple I saw them smiling while gazing into each other's eyes as if it meant the world to them. I couldn't help as my lips stretched to form a smile. Everything around me felt bright and Happy. It felt as if it was the happiest day of my life, everything felt sorted. My life felt sorted.

I left Daniel and Noah back there. At first, it took me some time to process the information in my brain but somewhere deep down I knew it could be a possibility. No matter how much time I spend cursing my life, my decisions or him, I knew there is something I'm missing.

It feels like I have found that one missing piece which was imperative to intact my life. Isn't it funny how a brief piece of information can change your life within seconds? About an hour ago I was sitting in Starbucks thinking about how miserable my life is and now, here I am running towards the hotel to get answers from the man I love.

Although I still don't know what actually happened seven years ago but at least I know that Raymond did not hurt me on purpose. He definitely had a reason to hurt me because according to what I was told it was evident that Raymond did care for me. Maybe he still does.

Hotel was nearby so it took me about ten minutes to reach there. I had this weird feeling in my stomach and my heart was thumping loudly probably because I came all this way running. Whatever it was it couldn't stop me from finding Raymond. I asked for his room number as soon as I reached the reception. The person behind the desk took in my appearance eyeing me from head to toe which truthfully I found kind of creepy. I was huffing and my breath was shallow.

He asked me to wait and started typing something on his Desktop, probably finding Raymond's room number. I was tapping my right foot restlessly on the marble floor beneath me. I was very patient with everything and every decision in my life but whenever it comes to Raymond Patience was never my virtue.

The guy behind the desk was vexing me to death, I had the urge to go to the desk where he was standing and snatch the keyboard from him and start finding Raymond's room number myself.

To stop myself from doing any such thing I started chewing my nails which usually humans do when they are tensed. Finally, words came out from his mouth and I started running towards the Elevator without giving it a thought.

Floor number 22, every time the elevator opened with a ding I look up fidgeting. My breath was now even but I could still feel the heat emanating from my body. As I looked into the mirror inside elevator I could see my flushed cheeks and sweaty forehead, my hairs were all messed up. For once I was conscious about my appearance but soon I shrugged that thought away. After a very long wait, a lot of tapping on the floor and chewing my nails till the nub I finally reached my destination.

As I came out of the Elevator I could feel the change in temperature and my body was no more radiating heat. Cool air breeze hit my body as I looked around to find the room number.

I could hear faint noises in the corridor, a girl was laughing in hysteria and the other was a man. Words were not clear enough but the voice was, at least enough to tell me who it was. I started moving in the direction of the voices and soon found myself standing in front of the room number 2209 .

I saw a girl shutting the door behind her. Soon I heard the sound of Raymond and that girl talking and laughing. I was standing there in the lobby. Still. I did not know what to do. I wanted to go inside and ask that girl who was she and Why had Raymond taken her to his room. Did he move on already? What if he actually did move on. What if he is happy with this girl.

But then he wouldn't have kissed me, right?

You kissed him too, idiot and even you were supposedly engaged with Daniel.

But what if I lose him. Again? 

My mind was battling about what should I do but my body did not seem to comprehend because next thing I know is I am knocking on his door. suddenly the sound of their talking stopped and the door opened with a croaking sound.

There he was. Raymond. Standing in front of me with a smile on his face which was soon replaced by shock. His blue eyes were gazing my brown ones as if penetrating me and it felt like we were back to the time of High School.

The girl sitting in Raymond's room cleared her throat which brought us back to reality.

"Uumm...I-I think I should come after sometime-"

"what? No ways. What happened princess is everything fine?" Raymond asked me in concern and took a step forward and extended his right hand to reach my face.

I glanced to his side and found the girl sitting inside scowling at me.

"I-I'm fine. Ray. I-uu-" I took a breath and finally asked

" Can I talk to you for a second?"

" Of course princess, anytime. I am always there for you. What happened?" Raymond said as he stepped out of his room and inside the lobby as I took a step back. He closed the door of his room leaving the girl inside.

"That's exactly my question," I replied

"What?" he asked in confusion. His brows pulled together which caused a line on his forehead.

Damn, he looks so cute!

Get a grip , Sophie. This is not the time.

"What happened seven years ago? "

--------------------------------------
Hey!

Sorry for the cliffhanger. I hope you like the chapter. Next one is going to be a blast.

Edit: Posting these chapters again after 3 years because my contract expired and now I want to give my readers what they deserve!