29: Chicken Nuggets

Chapter 29: "Chicken Nuggets"

"Grace"

"Grace"

"Grace"

The place was illuminated, the ray of light was blinding me. I covered my eyes, not being able to see the figure striding away from me.

I took a few steps, still shielding my eyes from the rays of the light.

"Max..", I cried out. "Is that you?"

No answer. Instead the figure started getting away from me. I could see it from the corner of my eyes.

"MAX!", I screamed. "PLEASE COME BACK".

After a elongated pause, he spoke,"I have to go Grace. I am sorry, I have to go".

I couldn't help myself but I was sobbing now, I was still shielding my face from the harsh rays. Hopelessly, I ran towards him.

"Max please come back".

"Don't go".

"We need you".

"GRACE!" Someone from the distsnt called me.

"Wake up! Are you alright?"

"Grace!"

I opened my eyes to see, those beautiful emerald eyes staring back at me. I could stare at it forever, I thought.

"Max", I breathed out. Is it real? Is Max actually back.

"Thank God you are alright!" He said staring at me, looking relieved. "I thought I lost you", the pain evident in his eyes.

"You didn't leave me", I whispered. I felt too weak to talk, like my body drained out of energy.

"No I couldn't. I just couldn't leave my stubborn girl alone", he joked. "You saved me", he said his lips quriking up to a smile.

"Mm..hmm.. You are not getting rid of me just yet", I smiled back at him.

"Good. I don't want to", with that he placed his lips on mine. The kiss was slow and sweet, as if he was trying to promise me how he won't ever leave me.

"GRACIEE YOU ARE ALRIGHT!" We broke apart, Audrey screamed running towards me to hug me.

"Yes", I said breathlessly, Audrey hugged me tight.

"Never leave me", she whispered.

"Never!" I promised still feeling a little woozy.

"Hope you are okay Grace", Uncle Joe came towards me, touching my forehead to check my temperature. He looked so out of place in my apartment. He was still wearing his typical overlong coat and really loose slacks.

"I am okay just a bit weak".

"I am surprised you are alive even. Turns out you barely touched the salt. If you had you would have been dead".

"Now don't say that Joe. She's alive that's what matters. Promise me you won't even put yourself in danger for me. Ever", he said earnestly looking into my eyes.

"I won't", but honestly not once didn't care about my life. I just wanted Max with me forever.

.............

"Are you sure you are ready for a date with the sexiest ghost around?" Max smirked looking good in a black t shirt and jeans, he even put up an effort to brush his disheveled hair to the side but it just got ruined after a minute.

"Yes I am", I laughed, I was dressed in a yellow sundress that Max chose for me.

"But you sure you are gonna be okay babe?"

"Yes I am feeling much better now".

"You sure? We could do this later".

"Max calm down we are just going to watch a movie on the couch". Max is being extra careful with me these days since the incident he didn't let me leave my bed for a minute. He was the one doing the household chores on the other hand Sophie has been handling my shift at Aloha. Max even taught himself to cook, his dishes were definitely getting better.

"Okay if you say so".

"You never watched The Breakfast Club?"

"Nope".

"I love that movie! Let's watch that!"

All throughout the movie Max kept on stroking my hair and stealing kisses between some parts, turns out he had every line memorized so he ended up quoting all the lines to me.

"That was amazing!"

"I know", he kissed me on the lips. Turns out we are addicted to each other's kisses, Max finds every excuse to kiss me and every time it leaves me with a fluttering feeling in my stomach.

"I have something else for you", Max got up from the couch excitedly, drifting towards the kitchen. "Don't move just wait here".

After sometime he called me over, "Yeah you can come over!"

"It smells amazing", I said taking in the sight in front of me.

Max laid out a candlelight dinner for us. "Here take a seat", he pulled the chair out for me.

"Thank you", I said pleased at his chivalry.

"For starters I have chicken breaded fillets with honey mustard dressing on top", Max said eloquently.

"Max this is just McDonald's chicken nuggets topped with honey mustard sauce", I laughed.

"Hey I didn't get the time to make anything for appetizers as all my time went on cooking mains", he defended himself, sulking.

"I love chicken nuggets okay. Just stop sulking and let me eat".

"Okay time for the entrees! For entrees I made spaghetti with meatballs with the help of Audrey".

I tasted the pasta, "I have to admit this is really good!"

"Thanks! That took a lot of hard work".

"You are the best boyfriend ever", I kissed him on his cheek.

"Hmm boyfriend. I like the sound of that", he said beaming.

"Why? Didn't you date anyone before".

"More like one night stands. The last person I dated was in middle school, I don't even remember her name".

"Wow you sure you won't run off with another hot ghost?" I joked.

"Nah. I am all yours now", he got up coming towards me, his eyes hooded with desire.

He placed his lips on me, stealing a sigh out of me. His lips moved in sync with mine, I bit his bottom lip my tongue seeking entrance. His hands were wrapped around my waist, my fingers tangled in his hair. Before I realized he picked me up bridal style.

"Whoaa", I was surprised by the move. He continued kissing me until we were on the sofa.

"Dessert can wait. But first let me ravish you", he said breaking off the kiss.

I positioned myself so that I was straddling him, sitting on his lap. He placed butterfly kisses down my neck, I moaned. Slowly he reached for the zipper of my dress opening it. I kept on kissing him, his mouth hot and demanding on mine.

Before we could go any further, the sound of main door opening made me jump off Max' s lap.

It was Sophie looking distressed. I was breathing hard, while Max cursed.

"I slept with Nick".

...........