Chapter 9

Blake's POV

"Miss Starr may you please do the next problem on the board?" Our Math teacher asked.

I watched Emma as she got up and slowly walked to the front of the room. Her face was pale and you could tell her hands were shaking as she grabbed the chalk. All of a sudden she grabbed the desk for support, before I could get up and help I saw our teacher walk over to her.

"Miss Starr are you ok?" He asked. Is he stupid?! Of course she isn't!

"Does she look like she's ok?!" I exclaimed

He quickly glanced up at me but didn't reply to my comment. Instead, he quickly scanned the room before his eyes met mine again.

"You, take Miss Starr to the nurse" he instructed.

I got up from my seat and rushed over to the pale girl in the front of the class. I put my arm on her waist and let her lean into me for support. We were in the hallway when I felt her stop walking.

"C'mon Em we are almost there"I whispered to her. I felt her body tense before she fell into my arms. I quickly scooped her up and ran into the nurses office.

"Mr. Stevens who is this and what's wrong with her?" The young nurse asked while rushing to my side

"Her name is Emma Starr she's a junior and she fainted" I began to tell the nurse about how she acted in math all the way up to when she fainted. Em still in my arms I made my way to one of the cots and laid her down.

"I'll check my records to see if she has some condition that caused this, but don't worry Blake she was probably just dehydrated" the young nurse said before leaving to go to the back room

I sat there staring at Emma wondering what made her faint. I don't remember her eating lunch today but she had to have eaten something today. She looked so peaceful, her breathing was steady and her lips were parted. She looked perfect. If I told you that Emma was ugly I would be lying big time. Every guy in this school is obsessed with her and I can see why. I was thrilled when I found out she was my partner for this health project, I mean c'mon what guy wouldn't want to raise a fake baby with the hottest girl in school?

"She has no medical conditions so she probably didn't eat today"the nurse said, interrupting my thoughts

"Oh ok thanks, do you know when she'll wake up?" I asked

"Soon you can stay until she does if you like"the nurse smiled

"I will thanks again"I smiled back before turning my attention back to Emma.

"No Trevor" I heard Emma mumble

Trevor? The only possible Trevor she could be talking about is her douche ex boyfriend. It doesn't make sense though why would she be dreaming about that toad?

"Emma wake up" I gently shook her

"Trevor go away"she mumbled again

"It's not Trevor it's Blake"I said while rolling my eyes

Emma's POV

The last thing I remember was falling. I don't remember hitting anything hard or hitting anyone to be honest.

I think I am currently laying in the nurse'a office but I'm still not sure. I hear a male's voice and I assume it's Trevor because this male is sitting too close for my liking. I hear the male say something about staying and I immediately started freaking out. I don't want Trevor near me.

"No Trevor" I barley managed to get out

"Emma wake up" I heard the male say while shaking me.

"Trevor go away" can he please stop touching me? He's creeping me out.

"It's not Trevor it's Blake" The voice said with amusement. My eyes quickly shot open to reveal a very handsome Blake sitting right by my side.

"hi"I squeaked

"Hey, here drink up it'll help"Blake said while handing me a cup of water.

"Thanks"I mumbled

"So do you eat regularly or do you always faint?"Blake asked

"I always eat! It's just that I had no time today so I guess my blood sugar was down"I replied after finishing the water Blake gave me

"Oh I gotcha" he nodded.

We just sat there. Neither of us knew what to say next, you could say it was a very awkward silence.

"So what period is it?" I asked

"Um I think next period is health then school is done" he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

I jumped off the cot and threw my cup away. I made my way over to the nurses desk and signed out. I grabbed Blake's hand and started walking to health

"Woah wait, Em maybe you should go home and get some rest"Blake said while turning me around to face him

"I'm fine seriously I am, c'mon we gotta go to class" I grabbed his hand again and continued through the halls

"Are you sure? You still look sick" Blake's voice was full of concern and it was obvious he wanted me to go home.

"Yes I'm sure. Here I'll promise you that if I don't feel well I'll just go home ok?" I told him. Blake's face relaxed and gave a small smile before nodding and started walking with me again.

We entered health and sat in the back like always, while the other kids threw stuff across the room and yelled at each other. Soon Ms. J came in and started the class.

The class went by quick, we were only given one assignment and we were all reminded about the built in camera in the babies. To be honest I think the idea is creepy but Blake thinks it's smart because it allows the teacher see who's actually doing the work.

The bell rang signaling the day was finally over. I grabbed my books and headed towards my locker. Before I could put my combo in I felt a presence to my left.

Oh god.

"Hey Em!"Henry chirped