Chapter no.45

Corinne's POV:-

"I don't know doctor. I can't remember much. It's all so.......blurred." I shook my head and fiddled with my hands nervously.

"I can help you with that Corinne.....but before that I have to know if you're ready." I nodded.

"I am."

"You say you don't have much recollection of your childhood after your mother died.....what I assume is that maybe the shock of losing someone as significant as your mother had an effect on your brain maybe that is why you are facing the problem." She said.

Maybe she was right. But I couldn't shake off the feeling. The feeling that I knew something. Something that I couldn't recall. Whenever I tried to remember, it seemed my brain was blocking something, preventing me from remembering.

I remember after mom died I used to be alone most of the time until I started high school and met Merleah.
My memories always came in fragments. I remember my step-mother shouting at me on various occasions but nothing after that. It was like someone had jinxed my mind so I couldn't remember certain things.

I knew my relation with my step-brother was not pleasant but I had no vague memory of us having anything other than just small arguments. As much as I tried to soothe my mind, it always felt like I was missing something. Something that I needed to know.

"What you are facing my dear is not something unusual. It is common among individuals, they don't have strong memories of their past and when they try to put a strain on their mind, they can't recall certain things. Stress also plays a role. If a person is depressed, it might be an obstacle to your memories." She explained.
"I usually kept to myself after mom died. I just....I feel that there is something I need to know."

"Well if you insist, we will be having four sessions each week. I can help you with counselling but I must warn you.....there are things that better stay untouched. If I trigger something dreadful from your past you might face worse than you anticipate."

I took a deep breath trying to take it all in. This was what I wanted. I wanted to remember everything so that I could tell Cameron. I had no intention to hide anymore from him.

"Doctor. If anything happens to me......please make sure that Cameron knows everything."

Cameron had no idea that I was seeing a psychologist. And I didn't want to tell him unless it was necessary. Things were going back to normal between us. I loved him and he loved me back. I was working on my clothing line with Mariano which would be out in a week at the Paris Fashion Week.

Meryl was still missing and I had a feeling it had something to do with my past. So here I was ready to give in to my fears. I was ready to relive what was history.

It was time that I put myself together and face it.
Maybe I would get my answers. Maybe I would know why Calvin came back to haunt me again?

"When do we start doctor?"
"Tomorrow. We can start. For now, just go back home and relax. Don't over-think okay? Keep yourself calm. I wouldn't be able to work with you if you are stressed out."

I nodded thanking her with a polite smile and walked out of the clinic and towards my car.

********

My heart picked pace at the sight of Cameron walking into the living room. It was how I reacted now every time I saw him. Especially now that I knew he loved me back. He confessed everyday. And I wasn't getting tired of it anytime soon.

He ran a hand through his already messy hair as he sat down next to me. A breathtaking smile adorned his lips, the moment our eyes met. He leant in to give me a longing kiss.
"You look edible right now." He whispered to me causing a blush to rise in my cheeks as I pulled away giving him a weird look.
"Are you alright babe?" His grey eyes gave away a true expression of worry.
I sighed softly.
"I'm fine why?" I could see he wasn't satisfied.