Hope?

Tyrion's small arms circled Lyra as best they could. He held her while she cried her tears of relief. She only cried for a moment and then, as if remembering who she was clinging to, she pulled away and dried her eyes. "Forgive me. I forgot myself." Tyrion chuckled. "There is nothing to forgive, Lyra. You are human." She smiled at him before standing up. "It appears Liam's lesson his finishing now." Tyrion followed her gaze and saw she was correct.

Liam ran over to his mother and wrapped his arms around her legs. "Young Master Liam is improving quickly. He'll be a squire in no time." Liam looked up with a smile. "Your squire, Ser Jaime?" Jaime laughed heartily, a sound Tyrion had missed. It was a side of his brother he hadn't seen in a while. "We shall see, Master Liam. For now, I think you should continue to help your mother." Liam's full bottom lip stuck out in a pout and Jaime's eyes widened. He wasn't used to that.

"Master Liam," Tyrion started, making the young boy's blue eyes turn to him, "You are the master of your home, are you not? The lord of your small manor?" Lyra's brow quirked as she realized what Tyrion was trying to do. Liam let go of Lyra's legs and straightened to his full height, which was only a bit taller than Tyrion himself. "Yes, I am." Tyrion smiled. "I thought so. Your mother needs you here for now to protect your home and your sister." Liam's small chest swelled with pride and Lyra smiled.

"Well said, Tyrion," Jaime commented. "The hour grows late and our queen has scheduled a meeting with the Small Council in the morning. We should depart." Lyra could hear the reluctance in his voice. "Of course. I shall see you in a few days then, Ser Jaime?" Jaime nodded. Tyrion glanced at Lyra. "Perhaps I shall join him, if you are amiable?" Lyra smiled, making Tyrion's heart leap.

"Of course. The two of you are always welcome. I will not be making any money until my face is no longer disfigured." Tyrion nodded, knowing she wasn't saying it to be vain. In her line of work, her looks were important. If she lost those, patrons would no longer want to be with her which meant no more money for her family. "Until then." The two men bowed and turned away. Before they were too far away, they heard Liam's voice say, "I like him, Mother." Lyra chuckled. "As do I, Liam. Come now. It's time for supper."

"You truly are smitten." It wasn't a question. Tyrion glanced up at his older brother and sighed. "Yes." Jaime smiled. "Seeing you interact with her, I can see why. Perhaps there is hope for the two of you after all, if Lyra feels the same and if you can get the children to like you." Tyrion frowned at that. He had very little experience with children. Still, Jaime's words sparked optimism in Tyrion's mind. Could there be a way for Tyrion to find love again? A love that wouldn't hurt him the way others had? Was there even a way for her to love him?^>F 

(a/n: I know this chapter is short, but I wanted to get something posted for you guys!  Just a little interaction between Tyrion and Liam. Hopefully it won't be too long before I post again AND the chapter will be longer and better.)