Why Mum?, Why?(Chapters 11 & 12)

Ok guys I've added dome more to this story so I hope you enjoy it :) I'm hoping to finnish this story soon and I like to think people are reading it. Please vote for this story! I'm hoping to get it on the Watty Awards very soon so your votes and comments mean more now than ever! :D

***

Chapter 11: Too cool for school

I tried to ignore the headache that was forming in my head this morning. I crawled out of my bed steadying myself by holding my bedside table. I walked into my bathroom running my hair out of my face with my hand. I felt like a complete zombie. I brushed my teeth zombie-like. I showered myself zombie like. Since I’ve been pregnant I’ve noticed that my hair is becoming more and greasier. I couldn’t walk into school with myself looking bad just because I was pregnant. Not going to happen I thought to myself. I took out my ‘head and shoulders’ shampoo and lathered my hair thoroughly. I scrubbed my hair really hard to make sure all the nasty grease was rinsed out. I poured the shower head all over my head so no residue would be left behind. I put on my vitamin E lotion I bought from super drug because it leaves my skin so silky and it smells divine.

I sprayed my hair with my mums L’Oreal’s Elness spray and and straightened my hair. My dark hair looked ridiculously beautiful. I smiled at my reflection. I applied some foundation and conceder with a bit of bronzer. I put on my favourite raspberry lip-gloss and Flirty mascara on. I fixed my uniform and wore my short black socks to show off my freshly shaved legs. I added a flower headband, sprayed myself with LYNX for her and pushed a brush in my bag as well as my other school stuff like books etc…

I walked into my corridor. It was unusually silent. Hmm. That’s strange. I quietly walked down the stairs allowing my black pumps to make as little sound as possible. Still nobody. My tummy grumbled. Yep, I know you’re hungry too. I’ll make breakfast. I got out Frosties cornflakes. My favourite. I warmed some milk in the microwave and poured frosties in a bowl. It’s the first day back after the holidays; I wonder what changes people in my class would have done. A tattoo, a haircut? Somebody was bound to do something like that.

Ping!

My milk was done. I poured the hot steaming milk into the bowl filled with cornflakes. Yum… I thought to myself whilst digging a spoon into the bowl. I sat myself down whilst dropping my bag on the tiled floor.

I ate silently devouring every last morsel of the cornflakes. I used my spoon to sip the warm milk left behind.

I was still hungry so I decided to pour myself another bowl.

Milk...microwave...cornflakes...bowl...milk...cornflakes...spoon.

I finished it again and I felt quite better. I’m definitely eating for two now lol.

Because I felt a little peckish I stuffed a pack of ‘Belvita’ into my bag and headed for the door.

“Good morning.” My mum said to me, standing in the doorway.