Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Lydia Dunst

There was something about teenagers drunk that felt very primal. Sweating, grinding to overly loud music and clothes halfway off our bodies. An hour ago I thought that wearing a crop top might have been a bad idea, but with liquid courage coursing through my veins, the crop top made me feel sexy. Casen was drunk too, his drink of choice was fireball whiskey, nasty stuff that tasted like those cinnamon hearts you get during valentines. He was a wreck, dancing or better yet flailing his arms around.

I on the other hand danced like no one was watching and knew how good I was. For a while attending dance class was mandatory training for boxing. I danced until my cup was empty.

I walked over to the bar and planted myself onto a bar stool, then I slammed my cup onto the table. "Hit me." I said to the guy behind the bar holding my bottle of tequila. He looked confused and I just laughed, taking the bottle from him. I filled the cup up half way and handed the bottle back.

"Impressive..." The guy said with an obnoxious smirk on his face. "Want to have sex?"

"Ew, no." I answered immediately and walked back to Casen.

"Porter!" I rolled my eyes at the loud crashing noise that came with a person yelling. Party shenanigans other than drinking weren't really my thing. When I looked up Casen was gone and I spun around wondering if we magically changed places with each other.

Something cold drizzled down my back and I froze. My blood boiled and it felt like there was steam coming out of my ears. "Watch where you're going!" I shouted shaking the ice out of my shirt but it didn't help. My wet shirt clung to my skin.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." The petite blonde stuttered. She kept walking into the crowd along with the rest of the people in the living room.

They always said curiosity killed the cat and in this case I was the cat. I made my way through the crowd, racking my brain to find out what was going on. The cheering caught my attention, they were egging someone on. I fought my way to the front, close to falling on my face.

It was a fight, a very one sided fight. I recognized one of the guys from school and although I didn't know his name I assumed he was Porter. The instigator of the fight looked pissed. It looked like Porter had at least two blows to the face from the blood pouring from his nose and as pissed guy raised his arm for the third someone grabbed his fist, with great technique.

"Back off Tristan." The voice was vaguely familiar, it echoed, like a voice in a dream.

"No way." Tristan yanked his fist away, this time he swung at the intervenor but with quick reflexes he ducked.

"I wouldn't do that man." He warned. All I wanted was to get a look at his face.

Tristan lunged but was quickly shot down with a swift jab and he landed on the floor with a loud jaw breaking crash. The crowd winced at the sound.

Just like that the fight was over. Light green eyes met mine and a shiver of realization went down my spine, cell phone guy, I thought.

"Hi Lydia." He said with a nod and turned to his slightly bloodied friend on the floor. He picked him up and supported half his weight.

Everyone was going back to the party but I was stuck.

"Thanks Dustin."

"You owe me Joshua." I was lost in space, thinking about Dustin. How well he stood up for his friend, the way he intervened with such ease would take practice. Lots and lots of practice.