16 | Miss Connection

Pillowy white plumes of hot coffee steams on the table

Pillowy white plumes of hot coffee steams on the table. My eyes scan for signs of Noah. the little things he leaves behind. Everything is clean, like he didn't exist and as if he was a fairytale. Except for the coffee. My hand wraps around the nutty, fruity, fragrant cup. The wizard of coffee does his magic trick again as the taste hits my lips.

I head out the door with my notebook, ready to fire through a day of work. The cup heats my hand. My feet move quietly on the porch so the kids don't wake up. Noah's finished boat sits in front of his workshop. What the hell am I going to wear to this date?

Message time.

Tari: What do I wear on a date?

Carly: Anything but the blue dress.

Eve: Burn the blue dress.

I can almost see inside the house. My guilty eyes go to the blue dress in my bedroom I was half thinking about wearing. It covered everything nicely, showed some curves, and was comfortable. Plus, it matched my shoes.

Tari: The blue dress looks wonderful.

Eve: It looks like a shapely burqa.

Jo-Lee Sunny Hurst: The red dress.

Carly: Yes.

Eve: Absolutely.

A second message window pops in a side window with just Eve and me.

Eve: You can do this cuz, love you.

a/n: this is a two poster since I split by scene. Less than 24 hours for the next post. I also added a tiny scene I forgot to copy and paste in. Which introduces finally Tari's wonderful mom. (bone head move on my part) When I have it added to my birthday. I'll give you a heads up.

-OP-