Chapter 12: The Project

Blake's Point of View
I pulled up to my house. I parked my car in the driveway before shutting it off. The car was full of peacefulness yet it was about to be ruined. My date with Kate went amazing, yet something felt off. I didn't know what it was but i'll figure it out soon. It'd bother me if I didn't.

"This was a lot of fun." I told Kate. She smiled at me before reaching for the door handle. I reached for her wrist, encircling my hand around it. I pulled it away from the door, causing her to turn to look at me. I looked into her eyes, feeling this electricity pulling me towards her.

"It was." She said. She stared back at me, making my want for her so much more. Her pink, plush lips were calling for me to connect mine with hers. I wanted to badly kiss her. My body wanted to respond to the want. I needed to act.

I felt her gaze on me as I continued to stare at her lips. I moved my body slightly closer to hers, getting rid of some of the distance. I stopped staring at her lips and looked into her eyes. A whirl of emotions were evident in them. I could tell how badly she wanted to kiss me. I continued to get closer until I was a few inches away. Her breathing began to come out in pants. I closed my eyes and leaned in, waiting for the soft flesh to touch me.

Instead, I felt a hand on my chest. I opened my eyes and saw a confused Kate. She didn't meet my gaze, only pushing me away. I frowned. I thought she wanted to kiss me. She showed all the signs of wanting to. So then why did she push me away?

"Thank you for tonight Blake. I'll call you." Kate said before reaching for the door handle. She opened the door and got out. She sped walked to her car before turning it on. I watched as she drove out of my driveway and down the streets of my neighborhood. I didn't know that was the last time i'd see the brunette.

-

I walked into Spanish class, looking for the frizzy haired brunette. She left me stranded yesterday and I wanted to know why.

All of the underclassmen swooned as I walked passed their desks. I didn't bother to give them a glance. I was a man on a mission. After last night, I didn't want anything to do with girls. I had never chased a girl and I definitely have never been blown off. I was confused as to why she pushed me away. No one ever does.

I could see the brunette looked down at her books. Her dark rimmed glasses took up most of her face. She attempted to use her brown hair to hide her from the rest of our classmates, only failing.

"Krissy." I said once I was at her side. She jumped a little from the sudden conversation. She looked up for a second, widening her eyes at me, before looking bad down at her books. I don't know how anyone can like reading. It's a waste of time. I couldn't careless about what happened in the past. It's in the past for a reason. And then, there's those annoying chick books. People write about love and relationships, setting impossible expectations for guys. Like please, when has a guy ever courted a girl? We aren't in the 1700's.

I stared at the nerd. I waited for her to look up. I felt a hand on my butt, causing me to look away. It was one of Adrianna's minions. She was smirking at me. I looked away from the slut.

"Krissy." I repeated to her. She sighed before closing whatever she was reading.

"Hi Blake." Krissy said not looking up. She stared at the front cover of the book. It was called A Player in Disguise.

"Where were you last night?" I asked her. The memory of my date with Kate was still vivid in my mind. I was left with the urge to kiss her.

"I didn't work." Krissy said above a whisper. I was about to respond, only hearing someone clear their throat.