Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Life is like a never ending roller coaster, with all the heart dropping dips, the twists, the turns, and all the people that show up in the pictures that are always for sale that you know really want in the shot.

It's always unexpected and heart stopping, no matter how long the ride keeps going. Some see this as exciting, but for me, this roller coaster I call a life is too complicated.

I fell in love with a boy that always seems to hurt me, and I him. The girl I call my best friend forced me to become someone I'm not, just to fit in with her. And the sad part is, is that I did. I became the model that everyone wanted. I gave up everything I had just to be the girl my mother would be proud of, and with that I became numb without even realizing it.

Then when I get myself back, everything seems to spiral out of control. He killed me. He slept with Cleo, and Cleo slept with him. I slept with some guy named MK that was so clingy the morning after. And then when I return to school everyone seems to pity me. The cheer team is doing the slutty routine Cleo made, and Will is missing.

I want to roller coaster to be over already.

"Quinn, come on, you're a captain. A simple routine should be easy for you." Cleo complains from ahead of me, stopping the music, for the umpteenth time to scold me.

"Well Cleo, I'm so sorry not all of us are slutty bitches that find shaking our asses in the air as dignifying as you." I tell her nonchantaly, rolling my eyes, causing steam to come from her ears.

"What did you just say to me?" She asks, in the classic Mean Girl pose. Honestly she could be one of the sluts from Mean Girls.

I roll my eyes and plaster on a fake smile smile, "Nothing." I tell her in a sickly sweet voice.

She smirks, and nods, crossing her arms over her push up bra chest, "That's what I thought, now let's get back to work, she says as she presses play on the remote throwing it aside as the lyrics to Swella by Jason Derulo blares through the speakers of the gym.

When we finish the dance, everyone is panting.

To say Cleo oversexualized the cheer dance would be putting it nicely . Even the music video with all the innuendos and everything was so much cleaner.

Cleo turns around and half smiles at everyone, "Okay great job ladies. Everyone's dismissed," And as I'm about to pick up my bag, Cleo calls out, "but Quinn, Margo? You two need to step it up if you want to keep your spot on the team." She tells us, looking at her nails.

"What are you saying Cleo?" Margo gasps, jaw hanging low.

Margo, a girl that is in the senior year with us, and has been on the varsity cheer team since freshman year as an amazing flyer, dancer, and gymnast and has never once been called out. She is the definition of the beautiful cheerleader that every girl is envious of, and every guy wants with her long, dirty blond hair, perfect figure, and peite height.  Not to mention she has a perfect personality, never mean or rude to anyone, always nice, pleasant, and most of all kept all her friends from middle school that went into different cliques.

"What I'm saying is that you weren't meeting expectations today Margo sweetie." Cleo says, "Did one of your nerdy friends hit you with a lazer or whatever?"

Half the other girls laugh at Cleo's comment, making me sick to my stomach. How can you disrespect your teammates?

And wait- Cleo can't kick me off the team, I'm a freaking captain.

I wave my hand at Cleo, catching hers and everyone else's attention. "Yeah, unless your daddy is funding half this team- you. Can't kick me off." I smirk, causing her to roll her eyes.