Chapter 33: Only an Idiot...

Chapter 33

I hesitated in the middle of the hotel hallway.

Elizabeth's room was on the right, Reggie and Garret's room was on the left.

I could go get laid and spend time with a beautiful girl, or I could spend time with my friends and strengthen our bond as a team.

I glanced at Elizabeth's room. Sex.

I glanced at the twins' room. Food.

My stomach flipped with anticipation as I turned to the right and knocked on Elizabeth's door.

I knew we should be less obvious but to be honest, all I could think about was seeing her.

But to my surprise, it was a shirtless Reggie who opened the door.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened slightly. I was completely at a loss for words.

"Join the party!" Reggie grinned, pulling me into Elizabeth's room.

"I- What?" I managed as I stumbled inside.

Elizabeth was nowhere to be seen but Reggie, Garret, and Kurt were all in there and there was music blasting and a deck of cars out on the mini table that had been pulled into the center of the room.

"What's going on?" I frowned, running a hand through my hair.

"She's in the shower really quick but we were playing some euchre. Come on, you're my partner, I'll deal you in." Garret laughed as the guys all resumed their positions around the table.

"No I'm fine uh, where's your shirt?" I asked Reggie, my heart still pounding from thinking he'd been in here alone with Elizabeth.

Reggie just shrugged, stretching his arms above his head.

"Aw gross, you didn't even shower." I choked on the stench, covering my mouth. "You're disgusting."

Reggie grinned, looking hella proud of himself as he scratched his chest. "Hell yeah I am."

I was at a loss of what to say, my mind still focused on the previous anticipation of sex, but I was saved when the bathroom door opened and Elizabeth stepped out in a cloud of steam.

Her hair was hanging loose and wet down her back and she was wearing athletic shorts and an old sweatshirt that was covered in holes and way too big on her.

"Oh, hey Charlie." She grinned, walking over to her stuff. "When did you get here?"

"Like three minutes ago." I shrugged, glancing around at the guys. A nauseous pit of jealousy formed in my stomach that they'd been in here with the knowledge that she was in the shower and I was completely left out of the fun.

"What's wrong with you? You okay?" Reggie asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Did you get hit too hard tonight?" Garret frowned, walking up to me as well.

"Yeah his pupils are all dilated." Reggie added.

"Should we go find Coach?"

"Did you get hit?" Reggie repeated his brother's question.

"Fuck off, I'm fine." I waved them off as I went to sit down on the bed. "Just tired, that's all."

Elizabeth grabbed the duvet from the floor (I have no idea how it got there) and wrapped it around herself as she sat down on the bed next to me.

She shot me a smile and for a minute everything felt normal again, despite the fact that we couldn't actually tell anyone that we were together yet.