brooks {part 1}

a dedication to hassan (simply imagine jackie is hassan + the redheaded chick is everyone else in this world) :

he'll always be a soulless bitch, but MY soulless bitch xox 

also - this chapter turned out too long when i was writing it so i've split it into two parts, and this is the first half

hope y'all like the chap :)

fifteen ;
b r o o k s

"I HATE YOU," HASSAN grumbled, yanking his beanie down over his head so only the dark ends of his hair poked out. "I really hate you right now, Calla Brodeur."

It was bright and early on a Saturday, and Brooks was shivering in the wintry air off to the side of Woodway High School's muddy football pitch. He should have been tucked up in his bed back home, warm and not dying of hypothermia, with Inkeri's buttery pancakes to keep him company. Instead, the only company he got was Hassan's grumpy self - he wasn't a morning person - and Calla, whose enthusiasm wasn't even remotely blunted by the weather or time.

The reason she was so hyped up was probably the same reason why Brooks was secretly just as pleased. This was the much anticipated football match between Lexus and Woodway, the two biggest rivals in the area, and Hale was playing for their team. Calla claimed she was here for "school spirit" but Brooks and Hassan both knew she just wanted to watch Hale play, and to be honest, Brooks would gladly come all the way out here just to do the same.

At least Brooks and Calla both had something they were willing to sacrifice their Saturday lie in for: Hale. Hassan had literally no reason to be here. He didn't have the slightest amount of school spirit to muster up to enjoy this.

"Aw, cheer up, Has," Calla said, undeterred by his sour expression as she grinned up at him. "You need to get out more and this is the perfect opportunity to meet new people."

"Why the hell would I want to meet new people?"

"Because you've already scared off everyone at our school with your come-near-and-I'll-kill-you expression," Calla pointed out. "Now you can start over! Look at all these Woodway students, just waiting to mingle and make new friends."

Brooks wasn't so sure about the mingling part. They were part of the rival team on enemy turf, and if these teenagers were anything like Reed or Adam, they'd spit on the lesser beings who came from a lesser school where no one paid their way in. Besides, a football match was anything but a social scene. If Hassan wasn't willing to play nice at parties, Brooks didn't see how it'd be any different with competition in the air.

Hassan looked unimpressed. "I'm already stuck with you two. That's more than enough social interaction for me."

"I thought you'd say that," Calla sighed, a smile creeping onto her face as she procured two steaming Starbucks cups from behind her back. "That's why, as a thank you for coming here with me today...I bought you guys drinks! One hot chocolate for Brooksie over here, and one coffee for sullen faced Mr Khan."