Celebrating the 10th

I woke up to an alarm buzzing. It was time for me to get up.

"100 you really cant keep your room clean, can you" 01 human of the special service said. Then handed me a doc. "From your parents" he stated.

I jumped in surprise to a thick white suit that was covered from head to toe. I slowly close my eyes again and get back to sleep then remember the words 01 had just said to me.

"Why cant i see them?" I groaned getting up from bed.

"Only special services are advised on such visits" 01 then turned the doc on and flicked it to the air.  "You can watch this when youre alone" he put the doc on the side.

"Today is your special day" he looked at me and smiled.

"Today is the month of my birth... is that why the special doc was given to me?" I asked as he nodded his head.

We air first bump as human 01 calls it.
"Your meal prep is in the main hall as usual" he smiles and waves good bye.

"Happy birthday 100" he says before the white wall that leads somewhere unknown slides open.

Age is a number, and numbers were a major part in our life..... Although the 01 special servers didn't have names; or so i think?

I get dressed and head out of my soundproof bedroom.

Screams of joy fills the halls as 5 girls run around playing tag with each other.
I look at my door that read 100. Each room belonged to each numbers that were given to us.

"100!" One of the girls came to me and hugged me tightly.

"Good morning 99"

She smiled at me and held my hand, we then walk to the main hall for my food. 99 was one of my closest friends, maybe its because she was just one number apart from me. I looked at her hands that fit perfectly in mine.

"Theres cake!" She jumped joyously at the sight of the sweet chocolate ice cream cake.  We eat a tiny slice and start picking our first meal of the day from the large machine.

🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡🍡

Alarms buzzed around the dome for every one to hear.

"What happened?" Every one looked at each other just as confused as i had been. This was the first time something like this had happened.

Hurriedly, specials came to the main hall, guarding the doors. One by one other numbers came through assisted by the specials.

"What happened" some asked the ones who had gotten assisted into the room, but they were just as confused and looked worried.

"Everyone please stay in a quiet and calm manner" A white suit with red stripes on his pants came into the hall.

Everyone started murmuring quietly. Looking at each other, and wondering who he was. "Please quiet down, we are just as confused as you." A fully white suite 01 special whispers something to him. "..... I'm informed, one of your fellow peers has ran out of the dome" Now the murmurs became more louder. No one dared to go out. We didn't know the reason but we knew it was dangerous for us.

Some few hours passed by still stuck in the main hall. Few kids played on their log, while some chitchatted with each other.

I looked at 99 who laughed while conversing with her friends. She had light eyes that gleamed so bright, which in comparison to her hair it struck out even more.

"Ok, every one. You may go back to your rooms" the striped pants smiled at us. But the smile felt forced and unfriendly, or was i seeing things?

It takes 5 minutes from the main hall to my room walking at a normal pace. From my room to the outside of the dome-.... i looked at the wall of my room where the 01 specials enter and leave through. Each of our rooms were designed a same replica. Who ever ran out was in big trouble.

The outside door suddenly opened and this time similar 2 special stripped pants came into my room.

"Hold him tight" one called out.
The other one did as told while the first stuck something into my neck.

All of a sudden my body felt heavy. I felt as if something heavy was latched onto my body. I felt dizzy. Every thing was spinning. Whats happening? Who are they? Where am i? Who.. am... i? I couldnt remember. My eyes felt heavy. Maybe ill sleep a little......... Just a little rest.........

________________________

Open novella contest

🍥If you liked this chapter please vote by clicking that star button. You can vote as much as you like once per chapter

🍥his age (10 years old) will be changed through-out the novel, so stay tuned when he turns 15 for his next age.