Chapter - 20

Please vote and comment.😊😊

Aanya:

After driving for good twenty minutes, we reached Hussein's place. It was not a house. It was a freaking mansion. The building was surrounded with a beautiful garden. There are flowers and trees everywhere. In the middle there was a beautiful fountain.

There were few pigeons near the fountain. And birds were chirping mellifluously. The chirpings, the fresh air, the smell of the wet sand, the fragrance of the flowers immediately lifted my mood. All of a sudden I felt refreshed and strong. A huge grin plastered itself on my face.

I didn't want to go inside. I just wanted to stay behind and enjoy this beautiful atmosphere. But, unfortunately, I had to. I followed the driver who was carrying my luggage. I tried to take it from him but he was persistent. So, I let him carry it and I simply followed him.

As soon as I stepped in, a woman who was in her fifties came rushing to us. She pushed the driver aside, making him to loose his balance and fall on the couch beside him.

She tackled me into a tight hug. I also lost my balance but thankfully she pulled into a hug. She squeezed the life out of me. I couldn't breathe properly.

"C... can't breathe." I let out. She immediately loosen her hold on me.

"Oh, sorry. But, masha Allah, look at you. Hussein got himself the most beautiful bride." She gushed while pinching my cheeks.

"Ruby. Give her a break. You are scaring her." The driver said to her.

"Oh hush, Kareem. I'm not scaring her. And what are you still doing here? Go and keep the luggage in the room." She scolded him. He followed the orders like an obedient child. I smiled at them.

"Ya Allah. Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself." She shouted making me jump at the high pitch voice.

"I'm Ruby. I'm the house keeper cum nanny to Hussein. And that fellow is my husband. I'll be taking care of you as well." She said and smiled warmly. I immediately felt my eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, why are crying?" She asked me in alarm.

"Umm... nothing. I just miss my parents." I whispered.

"Aww..I know it's hard for you. But its a tradition we can't change." She explained. I simply nodded.

"How was your flight?" She questioned me. With that all the memories came down crashing. I felt myself shiver. But I quickly snapped out of it.

"It was good." I replied.

"Oh, my bad. What is wrong with me? You must be tired and here I'm showering you with questions." She exclaimed. I giggled at her.

"Come beta. I'll show you your room." She said. I nodded and followed her. There was a staircase in the middle of the room. On the left side there was room, maybe Hussein's office. There was dining table attached to the kitchen which was also on the right side of the hall.

We took a right turn after climbing the stairs. Ruby stopped at the last door. I saw that Kareem came out of the room. He kissed Ruby's cheek and left. She turned to me and said,

"Come on." I nodded at her and moved towards it. The door was ajar, I slowly stepped in. I saw that the room was way too spacious. And in the middle of it was huge bed. I think atleast ten people can easily sleep in that bed. The room was mostly covered in black. 

I stepped further in and saw that there was a balcony attached to this room. I also noticed few photo frames of Hussein.

"This was Hussein's room. But now it's yours as well." Ruby said. Our room. It sounds so weird. I simply nodded.