Chapter 12: Confession

"WHAT?" I shout, this can't be real. It may have been obvious before but now he has one hundred percent confirmation, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I'm not ok. "W-w-well, I wanted to be the one to ask him out, now he could do it at anytime!" I stutter. Honey giggles and drags me outside she says, "Well at least your fear of hospitals is gone." Suddenly, I remember where I just was and I almost collapse on the floor. "Well, Kasumi, how about you confess to him on Thursday It is the day before the dance after all," Honey suggests.
"I already planned that, but what if he does it before me?!" I shout.
"How about you do it tomorrow?" She says, slightly scared of me.

"You're a genius! Tomorrow is only Wednesday so I'll be fine!" I chirp. Eventually, we head back to my place when I get a message from Gamumei. "Oh god, did you see what happened at the bus stop!" She sends.
"Yeah, Kyo broke her leg, Ruri broke her nose and Shiro hurt his arm." I reply.
"R they alright?"
"Yeah, mostly. Hey Gam, how easy is it to confess your love to someone?"
"Uh, kinda easy, you get a bit nervous but when they say yes you feel so much better."
"Thanks, bye."

"What was that about Kasumi Chan?" Honey asks.
"Just asking for help from someone who's got enough experience with boys," I reply, opening the front door. Mum's at work but my siblings are still gonna be here, great. "So, Kasumi, how's your boyfriend?" Huni and Mori ask.
"He's not my boyfriend... yet," I murmur the last part because I know they will make fun of me.

"Whatever, we just wanted to know if he was ok," Mori groans.
"Oh, he's fine. He got me nervous for nothing though, he barely hurt himself!" I shout. Huni giggles then spots Honey.
"Hiya, how have you been? Have you been eating your daily meal of cake?" She asks. "Yup!" My sister and Honey have two things in common, their name, and their obsession with cake and sweets.

"Well, anyway, I think I should head home," Honey waves goodbye and leaves me with my siblings. Thanks Honey.
"So, I'm going to my room!" I shout, trying to run off.
"Don't you dare! You need to spend some time with us!" Huni replies, reaching to grab me. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope! Running extremely quickly, I somehow get into my room and lock the door.

I need to write a note, I need a way to get him to come to the tree without asking myself. But what to write?

Dear Shiro,
Please meet me at the cherry blossom tree behind the building after school.
I hope to see you there

Is that good? I don't know, help me! Sighing, I reluctantly shout, "Huni, can you come here?" I unlock the door as soon as she starts to run up the stairs.
"What is it?" She asks, excitedly. I hand her the note and say, "Is this good?"
Her face lights up before she even reads it. "YOU'RE CONFESSING AREN'T YOU?!"
"Yeah," I whisper awkwardly.

"MORI, SIS IS ACTUALLY GONNA GET A BOYFRIEND!" She continues, squeezing me. "Oh and your note's fine." Good, despite the fact all the air is currently being squeezed out of my lungs, I'm satisfied. For once, I'm glad that I asked my sister for help. Usually she's useless or she spends most of her time teasing me. Eventually, I get them to leave me alone, I don't think I can wait till tomorrow.
I skip dinner and go to sleep at six o'clock. Early, I know, but do you think I can wait till nine o'clock to dream about Shiro. That's three hours!

Morning arrives, I wake up at five and have... a mental breakdown.
"What if he says no? What if something stops me from doing it? I might call him a baka! Aaaaahhhhhhh. I'm dying!" I whisper shout. Suddenly, my phone vibrates. What nutter would be up at this time? Well, other than me. Turning it on, I realise that Shiro has texted me.
Hi, I'm able to come back to school today!

Yes! Everything is going to plan... kinda. Cool, I guess, see you there, I reply. Stay calm Kasumi, there is nothing, nothing, to worry about. Eventually, I get changed into my uniform and head downstairs. "I... need food," I, along with my stomach, groan. I should've eaten last night. I make myself a bowl of my favourite cereal, and instantly begin to eat it.

After a while of watching anime and things like that, I finally can head to school. Humming a random song, I continue to the bus stop where I'm hoping to see Shiro and the others. "Kasumi, hi!" Gamumei and Riyu wave.
"Hi guys, is anyone else here or am I a bit too early?" I ask, sitting next to then.

"You're not early at all, for some reason they're all hiding behind a bush," Gam replies. A bush? Immediately, I turn around and part the twigs in the bush, they are there, Ruri, Riri, Kyo, Honey, Miyu and... my siblings. "What are you doing? Weirdos," I say, dragging them out.
"We were going to surprise you and congratulate you on what you're gonna do after school," Honey and Huni chirp.

"They dragged me here," Mori murmurs, slowly edging away from them. Suddenly, a hand lands on my shoulder l, so I... instantly turn round and karate chop them.
"Sh-Shiro Kun, I'm sorry!" I shout, checking his hand for any marks.
"It's fine, I shouldn't have scared you," He replies, trying to calm me down.
"It's not fine! I hit the hand you hurt!" I argue.

Eventually, the bus arrive and somehow the others are able to calm me down. Showing the driver my ticket I hear a familiar voice, a familiar annoying rude voice. "Lance, I forgot about him," I murmur, taking a seat, avoiding him whilst I do so.
"Aw, what a shame, the tsundere didn't get hurt," He groans. Immediately, my friends faces turn to anger, even Shiro's. "What did you say?" Honey growls.
"Do you know how many people could've died if the crash was worse?!" Kyo snaps.
"What are you gonna do about it crutches?!" He mocks. Instantly, Honi and Mori glare at him with this demonic look. The one dad has whenever he finds out I have a boyfriend, but it never lasts for long, because I'm a tsundere. He backs away, hiding behind his gang of friends who then have a go at him.

"Umm, thanks guys," I say, slightly confused. We're friends, that makes sense, but when he makes fun of me, we all usually ignore him. Why were they all so different today? I suppose they were in the crash, and it's a sensitive subject that you shouldn't joke about. When we arrive at school we collapse on the grass in the courtyard. The sun shines brightly in my eyes and there are almost no clouds, today, I'm certain of it, is going to be a great day.

As the others do their own things, I daydream. It's all I really can do when I'm about to confess. "Hey, Kasumi, hurry up, we'll be late for class," Shiro says, tugging on my arm. "Oh, sorry," I reply, getting up, "Sometimes I just go into my own world, it actually is quite common."
"It must be lovely there, you always seem so happy when you daydream," he chuckles as we arrive at the classroom.

Classes pass, I can't stop staring at Shiro, and when it gets to the end of our last lesson, I race downstairs to put the note in Shiro's locker. "Please say yes," I whisper, slipping it through the hole. Fingers crossed, I rush to the cherry blossom tree. Eventually, he comes. He starts as a small dot in the distance, but as he comes closer his handsome features become more clear.

"Kasumi Chan, you wrote the note?" He pants. Frozen still, I stutter, "Sh-Shiro, d-do you want t-to be boyfriend and girlfriend? Obviously, if there's someone else, I don't mind." Gently, his hand flies past my face, a slap, a very gentle one?
"You baka," He laughs.

"Who else would I want to be with?"