Chapter 8

Playlist ♪♫

"Love is deaf... you can't just tell someone you love them. You have to show it." http://www.lovethispic.com

Emerald's POV

While waiting for my appointment with the king, I did too many things to keep me occupied. First, I called my mom. We already talked last night but not too long. I told her how beautiful the royal palace was. The flower gardens, park, monuments, my room and especially the gift shop. I sent her pictures of the exclusive gift souvenirs I took yesterday, which I knew she would like, and made her choose. 

"I like the teapot and cups, I want all designs, hmm... i love all of the housewares. They're all beautiful!" My mom, Jade Petrakis exclaimed with excitement. "Crystal will love that doggie stuff toy and little crown. What else... mugs for your dad's coffee, okay? Get all the designs. And oops, get towels and linens for Zion and Claire. They will love it." 

"Sure, mom. I'll just ask the shop to ship the items to you."

"You should. I can't wait to see it." Mom sounded very cheerful. "Have you seen the king yet?

"Nope. My appointment is this afternoon. Harry will be with me."

"Great! I love Harry for being so kind that he recommended you to the king."

"Yeah, and I'm very grateful to him."

My mom was silent for a while, then her voice shifted to being so serious. "Make sure that you do. I know you don't like him, Emmie, but please be nice to him. He'd given you a big break in your business."

"I know what I'm doing mom. I'm being nice to him."

"Okay, if you say so. I have to go. Your grandma is here." Mom said before she hung up.

I called my personal assistant, Cathy for instructions then answered some emails. After that, I posted my pictures on Instagram and checked the likes that I got in my previous posts. 

I fell asleep when Harry called.

"Hey."

"Hi...." I answered. I was suddenly wide awake hearing his silky deep voice. 

"How's your day? Did you get to roam around the palace?"

"Yeah. I was at the gift shop earlier. Then I went to grab some tea and cake."

"That's great. Anyways, I'll pick you up at five."

"Okay, I'll be ready." 

At three o'clock, I started dressing up. Oh, darn it! All my cocktail dresses were in the other luggages. All I had were summer dresses, business suits and pants. I groaned aloud and decided to settle on a white long dress and a red blazer, then a vintage mink fur scarf on my shoulder.

I stared at the foundation, concealer, blush-on and red lipstick I laid on the vanity table. It was the only makeup I got. The canister of my translucent loose powder for baking my face was empty. It was too bad.

Harry arrived at five sharp. He stood tall, straight and devastatingly handsome in dark suit and royal blue tie. He carried himself with commanding air of confidence and power - like a real prince.

I felt bad all of a sudden. I was not confident with what I was wearing. I felt underdress and bare without much makeup. 

"Wow. You look so beautiful. I like how you look tonight." Was the first thing that Harry said to me when I opened the door. His face showed genuine appreciation. I did not remember being complimented by him since we met again. And it made me feel so flattered.

"Thank you. And you look very handsome." Arresting... very distracting.

His lips parted in a smile, displaying his straight, white teeth. "Shall we? The king is waiting for us."

My imagination of my meeting with the king was kinda odd. The king seated on his throne and I was standing in front of him waiting for his instructions. But when we entered a room, he was sitting on an armchair and drinking tea. 

The King was old and fragile. His hair was color gray and his eyes were milky and watery. But despite that, his eyes were very curious, like he could see everything. 

"Good afternoon, your majesty." I made a small curtsy. 

"Good afternoon, Miss Petrakis. Sit down." The king pointed the chair beside him. 

I sat down and Harry did the same at the other side of the King.

"How's your flight yesterday, Miss Petrakis... or shall I call you Emerald?" He smiled at me, then looked at Harry.

"Yes you may, your highness." I answered, trying to be careful what to say. I was very nervous that my hands were trembling, but I was trying my best not to show it. I wanted to appear smart and confident to him. I came here to make the queen's crown and I'd prove to him that our company was very capable of making the crown he requested. 

The King showed me the crown. It was so beautiful, made of different gems - Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby and Amethyst.

"I want to preserve this crown and put it in the museum when I'm gone. It's my memory of my wife. That's why I want a new crown for the next queen." He leaned back on his seat and continued. "Everyday, I get weaker and soon, I will die. I'll be happy to be with Cornelia. My grandson, Prince Philip will be the next king. His future wife will be wearing the crown."

I was silent as I continued listening to him, telling stories about his love for his wife. I sympathized with his sadness. I felt his loss. 

I looked at Harry who was just listening to us. There was no reaction from him, like he'd heard the story too many times. 

Later, when his mood was lively, I asked him. "Do you have a particular design for the crown, your highness?"

"I want you to make the design of the crown. I want it elegant and modern that fit in your generation. You're an expert on this field, so I trust you. You can roam around the palace, get inspiration from the things you see here. Then we can sit again in a week or two to finalize the design. Can you do that, Emerald?"

"I will, your highness." 

**Don't Forget to Vote and Share this story to your friends**