Contingency || chaper 9

My mind went blank and my eyes stared daggers into his, I guess I was just waiting for the punch line, I wished this was all a joke and I was never dragged smack in the middle of all of this.

But much to my repress sucres face was nothing but pure seriousness and a tinge of sympathy.

On the other hand Michael looked like he was about to collapse from whatever had just happened to him, I mean what he said can't be true, it's impossible!

Isn't it?

"Wh..what..what do you mean" I needed to know the ins and out of what was going on if I wanted to stay safe, or at least try.

I noticed Sucre and Michael share a look but they were both extremely difficult to read so I just sat there patiently awaiting the dreaded reply.

"Whe're going to escape." Michael repeated which did little to nothing in informing me of the situation, how helpful.

I was bewildered at was was happening, I mean for gods sake we're in prison! Michaels sentence wasn't even that long and sucres getting out of here in 16 months! He is desperate to see Mari cruise why would he risk it all?

For what exactly...

"But it doesn't make any sense." I honestly couldn't wrap my head around this, we were meant to be asleep like all the other inmates but instead were gathering round an open toilet revealing a gaping hole in the wall, I really am oblivious if Michael was able to secretly dig a hole.

"I can't explain everything to you yet, it's too soon." Michael really did succeed in getting in my nerves, somehow he was very good at winding me up.

So reveal we're going to escape but keep everything else out of it? How decent of you Michael, drop a bomb but don't release the smoke.

"We can talk about this tomorrow, we all need some rest." This was the only logic thing I think said tonight, we were all desperate for some sleep, considering the news.

I turned over facing the brick wall, my eyes swollen red from crying and the sound of Michaels heavy breathing filled the claustrophobic cell.

MICHAELS POV:

The muffled whimpers from who I assumed was Emily distracted me from sleeping, but to be truly honest I don't think I could sleep if I tried.

The ammount of pressure and stress I had accumulated for myself was astonishing considering I had only been at Fox river for a few weeks. A lot has changed.

I feel terrible for dragging a poor, innocent girl into our.... my mess. Why did everything have to be so difficult!

Outside of these walls there was no contingency, my plan was rock solid revised thoroughly, I actually began to believe that maybe I had this all under control.

Look at me now, dragging people into this who shouldn't even be here. Let alone escaping with us.

If only Linc knew what I was going through, all for him.

Next time I see him, I need to tell him!

EMILY'S POV:

I knew Michael wasn't asleep, it was quite obvious considering what had just gone down.

I realised we must have been talking, More like arguing, for at least and hour and a half because the large cell block was gradually filling with groans and slight murmuring.

Great another day with no sleep, how productive!

I decided there was no use me staying in 'bed' any longer so I got up and washed my face in record time. I gave up on privacy so I even got changed without covering the cell.

Sucre had clearly been asleep, lucky up. But for Michael I was truly concerned, the stress might literally kill him!

I stood at the cell door, arms intertwined with the bars just staring blankly at the concrete floor. This place truly was miserable.

Now I feel for those people who end up in psych, this place could drive the sanest person to insanity.

"OPEN ON ALL INMATES"

Bellicks delightful voice echoed like it does every morning, repetitive I know.

I untangled my arms and watched the slow, tedious cell door open with uneasiness considering the age and amount of rust on it.

This was the time of the day before breakfast where the cells where aloud to roam around into each other's cells or just to have a bit of free time, until I looked down and saw Sucre hand a white sheet over his cell door.

And we all knew it wasn't so he could get dressed, I saw a glimpse of the poor boy who landed in his cell, I shook my head in grimace. But would never make my opinions clear, unless I wanted tbag to come back, never again.

I slowly, but surely backed away from the top tier and sat on the stairs, it was quite peaceful today so I just thought, thought about everything. How did it get to this.

It had been around 20 minutes since I left the cell and it would be breakfast soon so I trundled back towards the cell when I realised a white sheet hung, wait but what could that be for?

I immediately, but cautiously pushed through the sheet, only to my surprise John abruzzi, Sucre and Michael gathered around the now open hole in the wall. Wait so who else knew?

John stood up, clearly unaware I knew of these affairs, he was such an intimidating man, but I saw a scared little boy inside.

"Stop, she knows, she knows everything."
Michale spoke in ore, hoping John would back down.

"Well not everything." I mumbled under my breathe, well tbh Michael hadn't told me everything. He always kept secrets from me.

"WHAT, HOW" John practically screamed, I mean he's bound to be shocked.

"If you haven't noticed this is my cell as well, and when Michael comes out of a gaping hole in the wall I am going to notice some way or another."
I started rambling on but at least I sounded sure of myself, no stumbling on my words.

John sat back down with his head in his hands, I truly felt like a burden now.

I was about to turn around and tell them I'd forget everything I'd seen and to not worry about me, when something caused my legs to freeze and my eyes to widen.

"She's coming with us" Michael spoke the words which would change my life, forever.

hey guys! Another chapter up, sorry it's been awhile but I would never forget about this story I'm so extremely grateful for over 700 reads! I cant believe it.

I really like this chapter and I hope you all enjoy it, please comment any suggestions or aspects you liked.

Thank you again, enjoy reading. Xx