| Chapter 2 |

Bewildered, i wandered back in to the house

Bewildered, i wandered back in to the house. My grandparents were in the kitchen drinking tea. I sat down at the table, after a while, i told them about what i had seen. They didn't pay much attention, until i mentioned that distinct sound.

"Po...Po...Po...Po...Po...Po...Po..."

As soon as I said that they both froze. Grandmas eyes grew wide and she covered her mouth with her hand. Grandpas face became serious and he grabbed me by the arm.

"This is very important," he said in an intense voice."You must tell us exactly...How tall was she?"

"As tall as the garden hedge," i replied, beginning to get scared.

My grandfather bombarded me with questions..."Where was she standing?When did this happen? What did you do? Did she see you?"

I tried to answer all his questions as best as i could. He suddenly rushed out to the hall way and made a phone call. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I looked over my shoulder to see my grandma trembling.

Grandpa came back barging into the room and spoke to grandma.

"I've got to go out for a while," he said. "You stay here with the child and don't take your eyes off him for a second."

"Whats going on grandpa?" I cried.

He looked at me with a sad expression and said in a grave tone,"You've been liked by Hachishakusama."