Ch. 51

Even though I really don't want to go, I already bailed on Emma and Mali during the Christmas party. I also quite rudely left the Christmas celebration in Kaden's house. I really think I shouldn't do that again for this New Year.

Jaxon and his father were having a new years eve party at one of their many hotels. It was an exclusive party where only the guests of the hotel and those that were invited are allowed to come, and guess who got invited.

I was dreading to see him again. I felt sad when I should be happy that he and I can be friends. I should be happy that I moved on. I should be happy that I can finally be with someone who can treat me better. I should be happy...But I'm not.

I'm not happy with what I have done and I have no clue why. I...I don't know what to think anymore.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Mike rub his head on my legs. I look down at him to see him looking at me curiously. I was suddenly aware of the tears that were falling down my cheeks. I was crying knce again...

I wiped my tears and pet Mike. Looking at the clock, I noticed I had 20 minutes until the party started. Mali was coming to pick me up since it's difficult to ride a motorcycle in a long dress and heels.

I quickly put on my white floor length dress with gold sequins covering the upper part of the dress. I paired that with white opened toe heels. Once I finished putting all those on, I put on my make up as quickly as possible.

By the time I finished getting ready, Mali rung my phone signalling that she was there. I said goodbye to Mike and rushed down to her car. Emma and Mal were there looking as gorgeous as ever in their own fancy dresses.

"Heyyy Har!! You look gorgeous!!" Mal says as I get inside the car

"Thanks! You guys look great as well" I say

"We always do" Mal flips her hair

We were all laughing. But the difference is I was forcing my laughter. I've been doing that a lot lately. I've been forcing my smile, my laughter and my happiness. It was easier than wallowing in sadness.

We reached the fancy hotel that was filled with fancy and rich looking people. The event was a formal event full of rich people. Mali handed her keys to the valet, and we headed to the area of the party where Jaxon, Reece, and Kaden were waiting for us.

"Hey Kaden!" Emma smiles brightly at him. Kaden smiles and starts talking to her. Mali looks away and sticks by my side. I can tell she was still upset that Emma and Kaden have gotten way too close.

"You girls look amazing!!" Reece exclaims

"That is so very true." Jaxon agrees. He looks at me and smiles lightly.

"Hey Harley..." He says

"Hi..." I avoid looking at him and concentrate my eyes on the beautiful decorations.

I heard him sigh and go back to talking to Reece and Mali. I was still looking around when I saw a familiar face in the distance. I keep my eyes trained on the face as I excuse myself.

"Hey guys, I'll meet up with you later. Okay?" I say

"Uhm sure, but where are you going?" Mali asks

"I'll be right back." I say and rush over when I see him moving. I can feel my friends curious gaze on my back, but I paid no mind.

I finally found him standing alone by the bar. I smiled ever so slightly and rushed up to him and gave him a big hug.

"Tyler!!" I exclaim

"Woah!!" He stumbles back a bit at my tackle called hug

"What are you doing here?" I pull back and looked at him curiously

"My family and I are celebrating here. All the hotel guests are allowed to come, so here I am. Now what are YOU doing here?" He pikes my nose when he says you

"I was invited" I simply say

"Ahh...can you give me a spin?" He asks. I chuckle and spin around. He smiles and takes my hand.

"Beautiful as always" He kisses my hand. I blush red at this actions.

"Th-thanks...It's not much, but I think I look great." I say looking down at myself

"Harley" His fingers are on my chin and he tilts my head up to look at him in the eye. I freeze as he puts his whole hand on my cheek and then trails it down to my arm.

"You look like a goddess..." He mutters lowly.

As if snapping awake from a transe, he blinks and stands up straight. He looks at me smiling and says

"You look gorgeous, Harley." He then hugs me and excuses himself because his family was calling him.

I was still frozen in my place. That was an unexpected move...

The truth is...the reason I moved on from Jaxon is because of Tyler. I know I have feelings for Tyler- though not as great as my...old feelings for Jaxon. I know I'm supposed to be happy because I've moved on from Jaxon and I can focus my heart on Tyler.

I like Tyler. I...I don't like Jaxon anymore.

My heart wants Tyler now, not Jaxon...right?

/////////////////////