Tyrell's Transformation

"I want a gigantic wedding cake that spills guts and all deliciously nasty substances when it's cut. Imagine, the pressure of the knife digging into the gooey chocolate covering, then BOOM!," Hallow outstretched his arms, imitating an explosion, "Sweet, red nectar sprays upon us and all our guests."

"Strawberry jam?"

"Don't be ridiculous. Blood, of course!" Hallow's obnoxious laugh nearly made Tyrell deaf. He looked away, trying to push the unpleasant imagery out of his mind before he threw up on the plants beside him. Shaking his head, he cleared his throat and turned back towards his tall companion, "Why did you want to walk outside?"

Hallow bent down to pick up a large, orange leaf that had blown away with the wind. He rolled the thin plant in between his fingers, all the while inspecting the guard very carefully. "Don't think I haven't noticed."

Tyrell scrunched his eyebrows together, an unpleasant feeling creeping up his spine, "What are you talking about?" He tried to remain confident, but Hallow's abrupt seriousness was giving him weird vibes. "Oh I think you know exactly what I'm referring to."

The man's mouth went dry, and he lacked the proper words to defend himself with. With trembling lips, he watched as Hallow leered down at him. Tyrell began to panic as the spirits jaw slowly opened wide, and he knew what was coming next.

"I thought that the princess was the only one who celebrated Halloween in secret, but you have also. Come here, you rotten seed! Climb into my open, cold arms!"

Tyrell's eyes twitched with dread, but before he could flee for safety, the spirit enveloped him tightly like a snake. He gasped for oxygen, struggling to shout as his ribcage pressed against his contracted lungs.

"You've hidden your love for Halloween from so many, but you can't fool Hallow himself. I adore you, and yet I hate you, and yet I can't bring myself to harm you, and yet I want to."

The brown haired man started smacking Hallow's head, trying to speak despite how hard it was for him to form any words out, "I-ack- don't love Halloween. Let go!" He was dropped right on the stony ground, gasping so hard his throat began to throb with pain. "S-so what if I celebrated in private. That means nothing."

"Shush shush, little one. I don't want to hear any of your silliness." Tyrell collapsed flat on the floor, attempting to catch his breathe as he felt a tang of dizziness threatening to take over. "Though I carry a strong liking towards those who show me such devotion, I will not allow you to get between Leiah and I. The human will be mine, and my plans will not be stopped by you or any other bleeding mortal."

"Have you no heart?" Tyrell breathed out, shaking his head as he attempted to appeal to the better nature of the unpredictable monster, "She's young and you're toying with her emotions. Don't think she won't find out what you're really after."

Hallow shrugged, like that meant little to him, "I do enjoy the princess's' company and the way the sweet lady is easy to read, but I have a vendetta towards this land. My hands ache to unleash justice, and justice will be served, Tyrell, along side..." He snapped his fingers, a plate with bat shaped cookies appearing out of nowhere and floating towards the guard, "a delicious dish of warm delights."

Tyrell stared at the vanilla scented goods, narrowing his eyes as he glanced up at Hallow suspiciously. "We're not out here just so you can tell me to back off. What do you want from me?"

Hallow's smile expanded and he dropped the plate on Tyrell's chest, stroking the side of his own head as if in deep thought, "The night before, you gave me your obedience. Now, I am asking for your loyalty. Every bit of it."

"What the-."

"Your poor, starving parents sold you to the castle after your grandmother died. You were just a simple child in a destructive world where the devil-like king ruled. You were raised to fight and protect, and have done your job well, but what about what Tyrell feels?"

Tyrell swallowed uncomfortably, a knot forming in his throat, "How do you know that?"

"The girl you love thinks you're a nuisance. Your king has never thought of raising your position, and your family has never bothered to check on you. You're a bloody obstacle to everyone, especially to me, but I am willing to transform my ways completely if you do what I ask."

Tyrell couldn't believe he was sitting there, digesting the load of garbage that was spilling from the pumpkin's carved mouth. Hallow straightened up, stretching out his palm. Out of thin air, a strange, large object began to take shape. In the blink of an eye, Tyrell was impressed to see the largest, most detailed ax he had ever laid eyes on. It's dark skin glowed with life as lava-like material moved inside it's clear handle. He was speechless, but was even more at a lose for words when Hallow dropped the heavy weapon onto his own hands.

"Imagine this, you and I side by side, overlooking a shattered kingdom where everyone will finally give you the respect you deserve."

Tyrell wrapped his fingers loosely around the warm material, a cold expression clouding over his face as the king's words rang throughout his skull over and over, "I cannot-."

"You know my quest, and unfortunately so does the old pile of blubber slumbering in his quarters. If you agree to be an ally, I will make sure the princesses' fate is anything but ghastly."

The brown haired man glanced up momentarily, chewing on his lower lip as he thought about what had just been said. He wanted the best for Leiah, even if she did think little of him like Hallow had said.

"All I want is for her to be protected. I want her to be happy in these walls and not get herself into so much trouble. But you are trouble." Tyrell finished with an unsatisfied frown, squeezing the ax in his grip, "I have to think about it."

"No, no I want your response now! Don't make me wait around like a fool!"

"You have to be patient-."

Hallow snatched the weapon from Tyrell's hands, holding it beside him as he swayed from side to side quietly, plotting something devious to convince the man to be his.

"Then I suppose you do want your sweet darling to suffer terribly in the end. Poor princess will cry for help and no one will save her from her endless torment."

Tyrell's jaw clenched together, but he did not respond to Hallow's cruel words. He knew he was merely trying to poke him where it hurt most, but he also knew that the king was capable of doing whatever it took to get what he wanted. If he said no to him, Leiah was sure to pay the consequences.

"I said you'll have my response later. And that's that." Tyrell finished with his head held high. He bent down to pick up the cookie plate that Hallow had summoned and grabbed a bat, chewing on it vigorously. Hallow said nothing else, but a sly grin began to creep on his face the more the human munched on his creation.

"What are you snickering-oh!" The man abruptly fell to his knees, clutching his armored chest as a strange, burning sensation began to manifest deep inside him. He coughed out hard, shocked to see puffs of smoke escaping his drooling mouth.

"What. Have. You. Done?!"

"You, my loyal guard, will forever be my personal executioner. Your worthless little body will be transformed into one of my most wonderful creations!"

Tyrell began to foam from his mouth as he convulsed violently on the floor,  thrashing around like a mad man. Hallow stepped to one side, inspecting the scene before him with nothing but fascination. Although he never intended to make a mortal immortal- and would surely get in trouble with some godly being- he did it anyways with no regrets.

Tyrell would prove to be a valuable ally, and the best thing about it all, Hallow thought, was that nobody would be able to tell that the new monster roaming the halls was a human trapped inside the flesh of a creature.