Chapter 1: A New Beginning in Daybreak

Jun Min, an avid reader of the popular online light novel "Daybreak," unexpectedly finds himself transported into its fantastical world. Now inhabiting the character of Yu Zeng, who controls water, Jun Min must navigate elemental battles, intricate relationships, and the challenges of his new identity. Can he reshape Yu Zeng's fate and carve out a new destiny in this enchanting yet perilous realm?

Disclaimer: This is purely a work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to real people, places, or events is purely coincidental.

Chapter 1: A New Beginning in Daybreak

Jun Min was engrossed in reading an update of his favorite online light novel, "Daybreak," while savoring the taste of his favorite sour cream-flavored potato chips. "Daybreak" had become one of the most popular light novels online, revolving around individuals mastering different elemental powers like water, fire, wind, and earth.

He stared intently at the screen of his phone, silently absorbing the words and immersing himself in the story. He couldn't help but frown at the unfolding events. Besides the protagonist, his favorite character was Yu Zeng, known for his control over the water element. Jun Min's dream was to be able to wield water, yet he disliked Yu Zeng's aloof and self-centered nature.In the story, the characters had been stranded in a barren land for a week, searching for a rare plant that enhances cultivation. Many had failed in their attempts. Leaders of various sects chose representatives and gave them the mission to find this precious plant. No one had anticipated that this mission would lead to a showdown between Yu Zeng and the protagonist, Heng Guiying, over their love for Ai Jin.

Yu Zeng drew his sword, facing Heng Guiying, who did the same. They stood in the desolate 'Stark Valley,' where no flowers bloomed, only withered trees scattered around.

"I love Ai Jin! You and Dong Fang are the only obstacles in my way, Guiying," Yu Zeng declared."I can't believe you're willing to throw away our friendship because of Ai Jin. She even gave you a chance to be with her," Guiying tried to reason.

Yu Zeng couldn't believe what his friend was saying.

"Ai Jin belongs to me, and me alone," he retorted, glaring at Guiying.

Suddenly, a beautiful young lady in a long pink robe with wide sleeves ran towards them, carrying a purple plant. Beside her was a handsome man in a light blue robe, his cold golden eyes shifting between the fighting figures and the young lady.

Yu Zeng glanced at the approaching figures, feeling a pang of heartache over his past failed love. He lunged forward and attacked Heng Guiying with his sword.

--- Excerpt from the novel "Daybreak" ---

A sudden clap of thunder interrupted Jun Min's reading. He looked up to see the sky darkening, threatening rain.

"How could the weather change so suddenly? It was sunny just a moment ago, and the forecast only gave a 2% chance of rain."

Remembering the clothes he'd hung out to dry on the balcony, Jun Min hesitated to put down his phone. After debating with himself, he hurried outside to retrieve his clothes. Just as he was finishing, another clap of thunder sounded, and lightning struck him, causing him to drop the clothes and fall to the ground.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and saw a man lying on the ground in front of him. The man looked just like him!

"Huh? Why does this person look exactly like me?"

He tried to touch the man's hand but couldn't.

Voices could be heard, people shouting and running towards him.

"Oh... I feel sorry for him."

"He's still so young for this to happen."

"Should we contact his family?"

"I heard he's an orphan."

Everything went dark.

When Jun Min opened his eyes again, he saw a white, cotton candy-like object floating in front of him. He looked around but saw only emptiness.

"Welcome to 'Entering your Favorite Novel Mission'!"

Jun Min heard the voice and looked around.

"Who---"

As he tried to stand up, the cotton candy-like object flew in front of his face and opened its eyes, startling him.

"Hello, host! Please don't be scared! I'm System Blue, and you can call me White."

"..."

"You have the option to accept or reject this mission. If you accept, you'll have the chance to stay at the end of the story. If you reject, you'll be sent back to your world. I believe you already know what happened to your body there."

"I guess I don't have a choice. I'm already dead in my world, and I'm lucky to have another chance to live, even if it's in another world."

Without hesitation, Jun Min said, "I accept the mission."

"Okay, host. I won't be accompanying you there. I'm just here to welcome you. Have a safe trip and enjoy!"

"What!? Wai-"

The ground shook, and he lost consciousness. When he woke up, he was lying on white sand, and it was sunny. He shielded his eyes from the bright light.

"Where is this place? A white sand beach... land full of green trees? I can't believe I'm all alone on this mission."

Jun Min stood up and noticed he was wearing a long blue robe with wide sleeves.

"Brother Yu Zeng! Brother Yu Zeng! There you are! Master has been looking all over for you!" A young boy, about ten years old, ran towards him.

"Yu Zeng? Who?" Jun Min looked around, realizing he was alone except for the boy."This is odd! Yu Zeng is a character from the novel I was reading. Don't tell me... I've transmigrated?"

His eyes widened, and he felt a sharp pain in his head.

(... to be continued.)

Your feedback and reviews are always welcome! 😊

I hope you enjoyed the story. If you did, please feel free to add it to your library and leave a comment. Your support means a lot!