Chapter 18

You're helping your mom out with the preparation for dinner, chatting and laughing along the way, until you hear the sound of the front door shutting close.

Shooting your mom a grin, as if signaling her you'll take it. She smiled In responds, as you took your apron off before making your way to meet whoever had entered the house. Fingers crossed, you hoped it was your brother.

"Mom!"

Two male voice called out in unison. Confused, you jerked your head to the side, not recognizing the voices.

Crossing the final hall, you halt on your tracks.

You took in the presence of the two figures, who seemed to still not notice your presence, too engrossed on placing their shoes on the rack.

After what seemed like a lifetime, they've abruptly stopped laughing at whatever they were talking about, when their gazes locked with your frozen once.

They seemed to be just as confused as you.

You doubt your mom had invited anyone. She'd have told you anyway, but then again.
They looked so familiar, you just can't seem to point your finger at it.

One of them seemed to strangely posses a bit of your baby brother's features, especially when it's the eyes were talking about. Dark brown slightly slant eyes, you'd use to watch at night slowly dripping low, before falling to a deep sleep.

As for the other one? You did recognize him. Although, you gotta admit. His features did morph into a tougher mature looking type, aside from those baby cheeks that chose to stay. His growth spurt seemed to attack him waayy too early. This of course, is your opinion, if you can recall his current age. His jaw looked sharp, not to mention his dark doe eyes you used to admire years ago, complimented his face, giving him this kind of intimidating aura.

"N-Noona?"

Hearing that word coming out from the brown haired boy, you recognized a hint of that familiarity lacing his tone your brother had whenever he'd called out to you.

Jihyun?

His voice was seemingly low, from what you're used to. No longer did it hold that high pitch playfulness of a loving 10 year old, either way. He is your brother.

"....uh?" Still in trance by the two figures, that was all you could utter, before seeing a sad yet happy smile plastering your now grown brother's lips, eyes glossining in tears as he runs and engulfs you into a tight hug, burying your head against his chest.

Boy do you feel like an elf inside his embrace. And to think this was the same boy who's height just ended beside your waist a few years ago?

"N-Noona." He whispers out ever so gently, as if the word itself were a precious stone that would break at anytime.

He nuzzles against your neck, something he's used to doing all the time before.

You smiled lightly, before wrapping your arms around him and hugging him back. Your respond managed to ease his once tensed shoulders, as he now slightly loosen his grip on you.

The minute you felt a wet substance coming in contact with crook of your neck, you immediately step back and nervously smack your brother's surprisingly hard chest.

Gosh that's hard.

"Big boys don't cry hyunnie." You giggled slightly.

How dense of a Noona you are, to not even realize hows he's missed your voice. From the way your laughter would erupt out of no where, to the little sobs you'd try to hide inside your bathroom.

He pouts, trying to hug you again only to have you step back.

You're being mean right now, but you're only doing this out of habit.

He'll get to cuddle with you soon enough.

The look on his cute pouting face, brought back a lot of memories from before.

A bit sad that you had to stand on your tiptoes in order to reach his hair, you didn't miss the chance to notice those small highlights complementing his brown locks.

You playfully ruffled them, before standing properly again, a smile on your lips. "I missed you kiddo."

Glancing behind him, you locked gazes with those oh so familiar eyes, before they chose to look away.

There he stood, nervously glancing over his bare foot, as you and your brother were doing your little reunion.

He flinched, feeling a pair of arms engulfing him, her sweet scent of vanilla filling his nose. He couldn't hold  himself back any longer but hug her the next second. Tears of pain his felt and bottled up, only to be released before going to bed, were now flowing from his eyes, in this broad daylight.

He hated you.

If he could, he could write a long list of reasons why he should hate you.

Why'd you have to leave without a word?

He doesn't want you back in his life, but at this moment? You're making it too difficult for him to stay away from
you.

Not when you've turned into this beautiful woman.

You smiled, content to have hugged him already. Now it was fair between him and Jihyun.

Growing up with the two, the habit of being fair with the them, grew within you. If ever one was given a kiss on the cheek, the other one would receive one as well. Or else you'd have to deal with one sulking kid.

Being away from them didn't seem to have taken this habit away from you.

"Good to see you too Kookie." You whispered slightly, retracting your arms and stepping back, only to meet with a dead serious gaze from Jungkook.

Confused by his change of expression, you questioned. "Is there something wrong kook?"

He nods slowly, keeping that expression plastered to his features, before releasing his answer, in a rather low growl.

"Yeah......You."