TWO

PART TWO

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

"I can't believe him!" I heard Monse yell. I walked into the living room to see the fuming girl pacing. "What's wrong?" She stopped in her tracks, turning to me. "Cesar told the Santo's that he hit it!" I frowned. "Hit what?" I asked cautiously not wanting to hear it correctly. "You know like.. hit it." "Monse! How did this happen?! Did you two.." She scoffed dramatically. "What? No! Ew! Of course not."

"Did he apologize?" She shook her head and lowered her gaze to her feet. "He made fun of me." That was it for me. Nobody gets to make fun of my sister but me. I dragged her out of our house, towards the Diaz's residence. A bunch of gang members sat outside, some sitting on the old rusty couch, some on buckets. They all fixated their attention on us as we walked towards the door. I pounced hard on the piece of wood, making Monse whine. "Don't knock so loud. They're going to think that we're the cops." Her comment made me pounce harder until it swung open. A fat cholo towered over the two of us. "What do you want?!"

"We want to speak with Cesar." He rolled his eyes. "Is one of you his puta? Or are you both pregnant?" He tauntingly questioned. I scoffed. "Excuse me!?" Monse put a hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down. "Can we please just talk to him for a few minutes?" She asked calmly.

He glared at the both of us before opening the door further. When we stepped inside, it reeked of weed. It was to my surprise a whole lot cleaner than I imagined. Cesar stepped out of a room and froze up when he saw us. "What's up, Cesar?" I asked with a nasty attitude. "Sindya.. Monse, I-I'm sorry." She folded her arms across her chest with a scowl evident on her face. "Oh, so now you want to say sorry, huh?" I stated more than I asked.

"What's going on out here?" Oscar questioned with an annoyed undertone lingering in his deep voice as he entered the living room. He wiped his lips — which where covered with red lipstick, clean. I rolled my eyes. "Your disrespectful brother embarrassed my sister in front of your cholo's." I explained.

He scoffed, followed by a shrug. "The kid's got to do what he got to do." I raised up an eyebrow. "Are you serious? Do you treat all girls like this? It just doesn't matter, huh?" He turned around to grab a bottle of beer. "Why are you so worked up about it?" He tiredly queried. I pushed him against the fridge and held him there by pressing my arm against his throat.

"Listen good and listen carefully, I will not have my family humiliated in front of your pathetic gang. You will respect me and mines or else we'll have a big problem. ¿Comprendre? (understand?)" I hissed before releasing him. He inhaled, in need of air, and let out a few dry coughs. He regained his posture and stood tally before me. "You just made one hell of a mistake, niña estúpida (stupid girl). You got yourself a target on your and your family's back." He growled while angrily pointing his finger in my face.

I turned around to leave and noticed that Monse and Cesar were gone. They had probably gone to his room to talk. I exited the house, ignoring all the thirsty comments the Santo's threw my way, as I saw Jamal pacing on the other side of the street. I ran up to him. "Jamal, are you okay?" He gazed up in surprise and hugged me tightly. I returned the gesture, slightly confused. "What was that for?" He let out a content sigh. "I thought that you and Monse we're going to be murdered! Nobody ever has been in the Diaz's house and has come back alive or unharmed and- wait.. oh no, where is Monse! Did they kill her?! Oh my gosh! They did!"

I placed my hands on his shoulders and shook him out of his reverie. "Monse is fine! Stop rambling." He peered at something behind me. I turned around and saw her heading towards us with a sly smile on her lips. "Why are you smiling?" Jamal questioned as confused as I was. "Me and Cesar made up. There is no beef in the inner circle anymore." Jamal and I exchanged knowing looks. "What?" Monse asked.

"Nothing."