Chapter 14: Learning how to fly

Fuya had been worried about once again leaving her cub in a new place that he was not accustomed to. So seeing that he was willing to speak after being held by the youth was a very pleasant surprise.

The cub was normally very quiet when she took him to nursing clubs. It didn't matter if he had been there before or if it was a new club, he was still extremely silent, especially after the caretakers took him from her arms.

Many of the caretakers didn't think it was a big problem but as a parent, Fuya was very distressed about this. However she still had no choice but to leave him there.

But now he had actually called out to the young man carrying him..

To others this might not mean anything, but to Fuya, this was a huge progress and an indication that she had made the right choice in sending him here.

"Then I entrust my child to you." Fuya smiled and nodded goodbye to the staff, she then gave her cub one last look before walking away.

The Kuhti cub in Xie Tao's arms followed his mother with his eyes as she left. Knowing that the cub had just left his mother and had yet to adapt to this new environment, Xie Tao was extra gentle and soothed him by lightly stroking his back. He then lifted him up a bit higher, and meeting those deep dark eyes, he said: "Baby, I will take you to meet the other cubs in the club that you will be living with, okey?"

Although the cub did not like nursing clubs, he made no move to refuse Xie Tao plans, he only continued to stare at Xie Tao's face. Since there was no response and the Kuhti cub was still willing to let Xie Tao hold him, Xie Tao took it as if he agreed to it.

When Xie Tao introduced the Kuhti cub to the other cubs, they showed no obvious emotions. Most of them were only a bit curious when they first saw him but then quickly adapted to this new cub's presence.

Originally, the cub had quivered and shrunken down into a ball when Xie Tao released him. He had not approached the other cubs and instead only peeped at them through his fluff-fort. But seeing that they did not show any aggression or other forms of rejection, the cub put down his guard a bit and stood up.

However, he only took a couple of steps forward before stopping again. He was still a bit afraid but as he was hesitating, he suddenly felt a light tap on his back and looked back. Xie Tao had noticed the cub's hesitation and therefore gently nudged him forward. When the cub looked back, Xie Tao met those deep eyes and softly encouraged him: "It's okey, I'm here if you need me."

The Kuhti cub looked at the other cubs and then looked back at Xie Tao before lightly fluttering his wings and bravely walked over to the other cubs.

"Tiuh." His last steps faltered a bit at the end, but when he finally made it to the other cubs, he straightened his back, and excitingly turned around to call out to Xie Tao.

What did the cub's actions mean?

The other people in the room only saw it as a sign that the cub had adapted to the new environment and did not think too much about it, but Xie Tao understood.

"Good job." Walking over, Xie Tao crouched down and stretched out his index finger to gently pat and stroke the cub's head.

The cub had been brave and done as Xie Tao had said, so of course he wanted to be praised for doing it.

Xie Tao understood this and felt that as long as they gave him enough encouragement, the cub would try to reach out more and would be able to adapt to this new environment. The only thing he needed was some self esteem.