Sixteen

I had so much trouble falling asleep that night. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I loved when Ryan's skin touched mine, how it felt when I closed my eyes and experienced kissing him (well, anyone) for the first time. My lips tingled just thinking about it. I was beyond smitten with him.

Plus, the fact that Ryan kept texting me didn't help me sleep. We kept talking about the kiss. I told him not to tell anyone yet because I didn't want anyone to know until I told Chelsea to avoid her feeling betrayed. Ryan said he'd only agree if I kissed him like that again, and I had no choice but to agree, not that I had a problem with that. I could hardly keep a smile off my face, and I felt like a gigantic idiot, but I didn't care. Thank whatever force was in control of the universe, if any, it was the weekend.

My phone buzzed for what must have been the hundredth time that night. The latest text was Ryan asking me to look outside my window. I felt like it was some dumb joke, but I still peaked out the window. I saw, standing below my window, Ryan with his hands behind his back. He waved up at my window, and I opened it, unable to hide my surprise at how stupid he was.

"What are you doing here? It's one in the morning!" I whisper-yelled to Ryan. He shrugged.

"Obviously, you're awake, and I missed you," he responded. I smiled and shook my head, looking away from him. 

"How exactly do you plan to get in? You can't really climb up here," I informed him.

"How about you just unlock your front door and let me in then we walk up to your room like normal people?" I chuckled.

"You have to be quiet, though. Chelsea's asleep."

"Where's your mom?"

"Night shift until five."

"Awesome." I slid down my window and quickly ran downstairs, attempting to be as light on my feet as possible. I unlocked the front door and saw Ryan with one arm against the door frame, a cocky smile on his face. I already knew this wouldn't go well. Whatever, love in the moment, right? "I love this mischievous side of you," he told me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside, locking the door behind him. 

"Just shush and follow me," I whispered. I pulled him up the stairs. Our feet made the steps creak subtly as we walked up them. We went into my room, and I shut the door. I hit the light switch upward and turned around. Ryan was barely two inches away from me. 

He smiled, glancing into my eyes then down at my lips. He leaned forward, pushing me back against the wall, and kissed me. My eyes fell shut on their own accord, and I kissed him back, placing my hands around his back while his rested on my waist, his fingers going through the belt loops on the jeans that I had forgotten to change out of. 

Ryan moved away, his forehead on mine. I didn't want him any further away than that. I was hardly okay with him being that far away. His brown eyes shimmered with hints of amber and viridescent smudges. I smiled.

"You know, you've never showed up at my house before. What inspired the sudden visit?" I asked in a lighthearted manner. Ryan chuckled and shrugged.

"Oh, you know, I was in the neighborhood. I actually wanted to see Chelsea, but only her less attractive twin brother was answering my texts, so I just took what I could get," he responded quietly. I huffed air out of my nose, biting back a smile.

"You know, if you want to see her so bad, I could wake her up."

"Could you? I'd really appreciate it." I let out a small, quiet laugh and pushed Ryan towards my bed. He laid back, and I kissed him and shut my eyes. I'd wanted to kiss him so bad for so long without even realizing it. I'd been craving something from him so badly, and I was only now realizing that this was it.

One of his hands moved up my back and went through my hair. I put my arms on both sides of Ryan, putting some of my weight on to them.

"You know," Ryan said, pulling away from me slightly. "I could get used to this."

"You shouldn't. My mom's usually home, and she hears everything. You sneaking in here is a one time thing," I told him. He smiled widely.

"I guess I better enjoy it while it lasts."

"Yeah," I agreed, "you better live in the moment." He smiled widely, his eyebrows raised and a look of pure delight on his face that made me smile in turn and caused my heart to swell with affection. He placed his hand on the side of my face, his thumb brushing over my cheek.

"I fucking love whoever got you to think like that," he said, kissing me again.

~~~

YOU GUYS OMG THIS BOOK HAS 500 READS ??????H O W??? Literally the day before yesterday it had 50, now it's gone up so much ???!!! This is so crazy to me and I'm really grateful!!!

Thanks to you guys so so so much for reading and i hope you're enjoying it so far!! you guys should tell me what you think so far cuz i'd appreciate it v much <3