You're Mischievous

Olivia's POV

Shayne moved at lightning speed between me and the hysterical woman, her extra long nails an inch from almost clawing my face off.

"You little bitch!" the woman screamed, still trying to get at me while Shayne held her back.

I was too shocked to move or react to the woman's hysteria. I just stood there with my eyes wide open.

"Kira, for God's sake, calm down!" Shayne ordered.

Judging by the desperate look of possession in the woman's frantic brown eyes, I instantly knew that she wasn't the only one that Shayne drove crazy.

Shayne had the ability to destroy a woman's demeanor. I just hoped that I wouldn't reach that level of desperation.

"No, baby, she's trying to steal you away from me!" she said, staying still for the first time.

To my utter disbelief, the woman started to cry. Her arms went around Shayne's shoulders, crashing her body against Shayne's solid one.

"Kira, no one's trying to steal anyone from anybody. Will you let go of me, please?" I couldn't see Shayne's face, but she sounded tired and irritated.

"No! Not until you tell me that you're here for me and only me, that you haven't moved on, that I'm still yours. Please."

My heart hurt a little for the woman. She sounded so upset and sorrowful and Shayne seemed completely unaffected.

Then my sympathy for her came down to about a zero when I saw her suddenly grab Shayne's face in her hands and smash her lips against Shayne's.

"Kira, stop it!" Shayne roared in exasperation. She peeled the woman's body away from her and held her at arms length.

Then as if a switch flipped in her, the woman suddenly looked calmer.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Where are my manners, who's this?" she sweetly said, pointing at me.

I raised my brows at the sudden attitude change, and I was sure that Shayne had the same feeling as me.

Is this bitch taking her meds?

I took the opportunity to properly size up . . . Kira.

She was fuller than me, especially at the chest, seriously, the little white cami she had on hardly covered her breasts.

I was at least a few inches taller than her, and I kind of hoped that was one of my advantages, if at all I had any.

Booty shorts, she was wearing booty shorts for heaven's sake. How was I going to compete with that?

Shayne must have been insane to leave someone who looked like her. Kira was a goddess compared to me.

What was I thinking?

And as though the waves of low self-esteem I was feeling reached Shayne, she turned around and reached for me with a certain stare in her devastating eyes.

It actually took my breath away. I'd never felt so wanted in my entire life.

"This is Olivia Ryans," she husked, pulling me close to her hot body.

I was very, very much aware of the hand that was pressed firmly against my lower back. I was also aware of the heat that gathered between my thighs.

How was it possible that a single look and touch could set me on fire like that?

"Hi, Olivia, I'm Kira. Shayne has told me all about you."

My eyes widened in surprise. "She has?"