─07.

CIARA EVERYL WAS ANYTHING BUT DISPLEASING TO THE EYES

CIARA EVERYL WAS ANYTHING BUT DISPLEASING TO THE EYES. Her hair was curled to perfection, big green eyes highlighted by a winged eyeliner, slender figure hugged by lilac colored romper, and above all—a deadly look in the eyes. She got acknowledged by a few whipped heads on her way to our table, steps airy and confident. And when her hands met the wood, she smiled a smile which didn't seem legit.

"Hey," she paused and let her eyes fall on each of us one at a time. "Stella and Chloe. And you."

Her voice was edged like a sword, but on her face continued to pertain the smile I was starting to doubt a lot more. I nodded and reciprocated the warmth regardless of it being real or fake. "Hey, it's Laura."

She nodded, and then looked over to the place right beside Stella. She sighed, as if she knew what was going to happen. Ciara swiftly sat right next to her, eyes glistening. She was a stunner, and that was for sure—and she made sure to show it in the way she walked, talked, and dressed. Up close, her eyes were light brown, hands moving constantly: as if she were trying to make a point.

"Hey, Laura, I'm Ciara," she paused, "And I am sorry to barge in on you and your friends like that, but I need to talk and address something with you."

A nervous laugh passed my lips before I nodded again. "Sure, what is it?"

"Evan. . .I think we have a misunderstanding."

As soon as his name left her mouth, my palms grew clammy with sweat. All I asked was for one day—one day without him or his name in a random conversation. "What about him?"

She sighed. "People talk, but I don't know what to believe. And since you don't seem half as bad as what they're portraying you to be, I wanted to talk to you directly. Did you. . . punch Evan?"

My eyes went saucer-like, jaw hanging on the floor. What the hell? The thought had passed my mind on the initial days, but I hadn't ended up doing any damage. Before I could reply, Stella had scoffed. "He apologized to her. I don't think that would've happened if she punched the Golden Boy himself."

"I didn't punch him, for God's sake," I raised an eyebrow. "I was already late to my class, didn't have time to show some fist moves."

Ciara grinned. "I heard what he said, and to be completely honest? I would've cheered for you if he weren't a friend," her hands went to Stella's plate of food, and the latter groaned to no avail.

I twisted my lips in a smile, and Ciara was shuffling in her seat again. "Anyway, girls, I am going to stop bothering you. And Laura, if the asshole ever troubles you—call me."

I only chuckled, but Stella had her enquiries. "Everyl, is that your best pick-up line?"

She only managed to shoot her a smirk, head turned half-way to look at us. "You'd be surprised, Reyes."