#19

My buddy told me this one: he was a fairly new real estate agent showing a newlywed couple some houses & despite weeks of his best efforts, nothing suited the new brides fancy. Getting frustrated he took them on one last run to look at one last house as the couple had decided to put the house hunt on hold for awhile if it didn't pan out. Well it didn't. But as they were driving home, just down some random street, the new bride practically screamed STOP!

He slammed on the brakes thinking he was about to crush a kid or something & he said the woman just kept staring at a house on her left saying 'that's it! that's the one! That is OUR house!' There was no for sale sign however & not listed on mls, but my buddy promised he'd look into it. Well as it turned out the house had been on the market for quite some time, way longer than normal, with just one previous owner – an elderly woman who had just taken it off the market because she was convinced it wouldn't sell.

Well he set up a viewing for the newlywed couple & the new bride breezed through the place like she already lived in it. She knew all the rooms, the cupboards, storage, everything like she'd been there before. All three agreed this was definitely the place for them, it was magical. Papers were signed & it was a done deal. On the possession date the little old lady asked that she be there to hand the keys over as the house was her pride & joy...not a problem. But as the new couple walked up to get the keys, the old woman's face went deathly white. She didn't speak & couldn't get away from them fast enough. The couple didn't seem to notice, took the keys & happily went about their business in their new home. My buddy caught up to the old woman & asked what happened back there?

He said she was so sickly white she was practically transparent, she could barely breathe when she said 'that woman...has been haunting this house for the last year. There's no mistaking it's her.'