Part 4

The following morning Robert awoke to the sound of hurried footsteps. With the details of last night's events no longer fresh in his mind, and the feeling of security that daylight brings, he sleepily stumbled out of his room and into the living room.

Philip explained that he would be leaving for an unexpected meeting at work, and should return within the hour. Despite that Philip had concluded his day at a rather early hour yesterday; all the indications of a sleepless night were present on his disgruntled face.

Previous to his departure, Philip told his friend he was welcome to explore the estate, but to refrain from entering the northern-most room claiming that it was in a rather disorderly state in which no guest should be subject to. Robert wished him well and a quick journey home. Upon last night's happenings, he was rather eager to dive into this supposed world of paranormal activities.

Though Robert had attained his passion for the paranormal from his uncle's odd studies, he at no point believed that any other such dimensions existed. According to Robert, there was nothing more to existence than that which our senses detect. Though mere curiosity was his main, and nearly sole, motivation in visiting his friend, Robert could not stifle a certain sense of adventure and mystery. Announcing unto himself that the disarrangement of the contents in the forbidden room was not reason in itself to deny entry, he arose from his position on the couch and began to venture into the home's northern-most room.