TWENTY-FOUR - CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE

★彡 TWENTY-FOUR 彡★

★彡 TWENTY-FOUR 彡★

"OH DEAR, I DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH." Freddie hesitatingly admitted to himself in a whisper-like tone, a sheepish laugh escaping his mouth as he stared at the ice skating rink, swallowing deeply to calm himself although it was obvious that he was unsuccessful— his shaking hands and jittery nerves were the clear evidence of his burning anxiety. The outdoor arena was surprisingly enormous and it didn't help with the fact that there was an unexpected amount of people gliding around.  He suddenly felt bad because he doesn't know how to skate and now he was about to ruin Elijah's fun by asking for help. Yeah, he pretty much didn't think it through.

Freddie wasn't going to lie (but he wasn't going to reveal it to anybody out loud either), maybe he was a bit teensy tiny jealous when that Ethan with his glaringly obvious looks of affection towards Elijah talked to said man the day before. And that made Freddie impulsively and irrationally ask out Elijah on a 'friendly' date, even though he absolutely had no plans on where they should hang out, causing him to irrationally choose the skating rink the moment he saw it. It was just bad luck (or karma?) on his part that Elijah agreed and was actually quite proficient in skating— another talent Freddie didn't even realize he had. Friendly date my ass, there's nothing fucking friendly with you and Elijah a voice that suspiciously sounded like Roger's echoed inside his head and he coughed loudly, earning Elijah's attention towards his perturbed form.

Elijah turns around, a wisp of his curly hair falling and nearly covering his eye if it wasn't for him moving it away. A concerned frown replaced the joyous grin on his face when he noticed how meek Freddie appeared, something that he never thought he'd see in his entire life. "What's wrong, Freddie?" Elijah asked and saw the man fidget nervously, doubling his concern.

"Uh, you see, darling." Freddie starts, awkwardly laughing as Elijah's eyebrow arched in curiosity, "Idon'tknowhowtobloodyskate." Due to how fast Freddie muttered his problem, the words jumbled with each other until it sounded like rubbish to both their ears. "I didn't quite get that, Fred. What is it? Are you not enjoying? Or is it because of how crowded the place is? You know you can tell me." Elijah encouraged softly, smiling a bright grin, tilting his head a little that it caused a mirage of sparkling lights surrounding him.

"I-" Freddie pauses to look up, seeing Elijah's unwavering smile which made his resolve strengthen, "I don't know how to ice skate." He confesses, looking down the ground so that he won't see Elijah's expression or him laughing at Freddie's predicament. However, Elijah did none of those, instead placing a hand on Freddie's shoulder comfortingly, an understanding glint on his majestic orbs.

"You should have told me, Freddie. We can go to someplace else if you want." He offers but Freddie flaps his arms, denying the idea promptly, "No, it's fine, dear! I can just stand here and besides, we're still going to eat and go somewhere after this, remember? It's fine." Freddie assures, an upturned smirk forming on his face even if the urge to ask for help was appealing. Nevertheless, it gave the impression that he didn't even have to ask because a thoughtful expression made its way on Elijah's face and without knowing, a goofy grin materialized as well.