Chapter 16

May 1, 2019

10:56pm

Subconsciously, he reached out his hand to touch those scars. His hand involuntarily shook as he touched it. Although all those scars were old ones, he still felt distress. He did not dare putting much pressure or otherwise Wang Cheng would be hurt.

"Does it still hurt?" he asked in a small almost unnoticeable voice.

Wang Cheng's gaze soften. "It doesn't."

He wanted to ask Wang Cheng what actually happened but he was afraid the other person might find him being too intrusive so he swallowed back his words but his eyes did not leave those scars.

The hazy cloud of steam started to rise engulfed both of them in misty water vapor. Annoyed by this fog, Wang Cheng pulled Xingfu closer to him so he could look at the youth's expression.

As expected, his face was ashen. Wang Cheng cupped Xingfu's rosy cheeks with both hands and squeezed it.

"Stop making such a long face." His voice was coated with amusement. "Rest assured. It is no longer hurt."

Xingfu pursed his lips refusing to make any sound. The warm sensation on his cheeks made his feel restless.

"Stop squeezing my face."

Actually he didn't even put any strength in his hand but seeing Xingfu looking uncomfortable he reluctantly let go.

Because of the steamy water, Xingfu's white complexion was tinted with a hinge of rosy color. His long black hair was tied up into a bun revealing his soft and fragile earlobe. Wang Cheng thought it was too because his body had completely submerged into the water.

His adam apple bobbled up and down as he struggled to swallow his saliva. This young lad in front of him was too tempting. If he didn't have a high level of self-restrain, he was afraid he would have jumped this clueless beauty long time ago.

He had to keep reminding himself that his family Xing er was still too young so he had to wait. This kind of thing was a slow process and could not be forced upon.

"Let's go back. Soaking too long will make you sick"

"Enn"

Xingfu obediently followed. After all, if he was sick he would trouble Wang Cheng. So both of them changed into new pair of clothes and went back to their room.

After dinner, it was time to arrange the bed. The bed was actually not that small but it was impossible for two grown men to sleep comfortably so Xingfu decided he would sleep on the floor but the idea was harshly rejected by Wang Cheng.

He helplessly crawled to the edge of the bed so Wang Cheng could have more space.

Seeing this, Wang Cheng didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Not knowing what kind of fire fueled him, he jumped into the bed and pulled Xingfu into his bosom. Self-restrain could go to hell.

This action caught Xingfu off guard. He had not prepared himself and his head hit Wang Cheng's sturdy chest.

Xingfu struggled for a while out of reflex then immediately gave up. The iron grip on his body could not be moved. His body went deadly stiff instead.

As he felt the person inside his arm calmed down, Wang Cheng said in a soft sugar coated voice "Xing er~"

Knowing the other person was listening, he continued "I have never thought of you as a servant. From today on forget those thing. We have not known each other for long but at least I want you to rely on me and share your problem with me. Will you? And don't keep distance from me."

Wang Cheng waited for a long time but he did not get any reply. Anxiety started to creeping onto his heart. Then he felt the dampness on his robe.

Seeing other person tear stained face, Wang Cheng's heart leapt. "I'm sorry. I won't do this anymore in the future. Don't cry, alright?"

Xingfu did not talk. He pursed his lips and kept shaking his head looking so pitiful.

This was the first time Wang Cheng encountered such situation, so he felt a bit lost. Taking a deep breath, he gently stroking Xingfu's back to soothe him.

After a while which felt like eternity, Xingfu finally stopped. Wang Cheng secretly heaved a sigh of relief.

"Did I frighten you?" He asked in a very cautious manner. He seemed to be traumatized and afraid Xingfu might cried again.

Xingfu blinked his eyes a few times and shook his head. Under the candle light, those two colored eyes looked like a type of precious gem.

He patted Xingfu's head and tidied up his(xf) hair, his voice sounded hoarse, "Then why do you cry?"

Xingfu didn't answer, instead he asked "Will you answer my question first?"

"What is it?"

"Why are you so good to me?" Xingfu finished his words in low voice, but his eyes were resolute. After a paused he added, "Don't dodge my question this time."

After thinking for some time, Wang Cheng looked straight into those damped eyes. He then answered in a sincere tone, "Because I like you."

A/N:

Another unedited chapter. ( ~_~  '')

Don't wanna drag things anymore so I'm dropping the bomb. (^_^;)

Feel so stress these days, hate my f##king job. Don't know where to vent, so here i am ranting on wattpad. UwU