Chapter 2

"If I listen to this song one more time, I'm going to stab myself through my eardrums one at a time until I can't hear another thing."

The lonely stretch of blackened highway was interrupted by the highbeams of a classic car speeding towards its destination. In the driver's seat, a man with a chiseled jaw, a cocky attitude and a leather coat drove focused as his younger brother whined for the eighteenth time about the repeating cassette tape that played in the otherwise broken stereo.

"I'm not going to spin the rules at you again, Sammy. You know what they are. Go to sleep if you don't like it."

"Sleep?" The younger man laughed incredulously at his older brother's suggestion. "You've got the music blaring and the windows down. We should have stopped at the motel a bit back like I said."

"Come on, man. I got at least another hundred miles in me before I need to crash. Quit being a baby and rock with me!"

Sammy rubbed his temples in mild irritation.

"Dean, we've been rocking these tunes since Wyoming. I figured we would stop at Bobby's to fix the damn radio before driving a thousand more miles—"

"Hey!" Dean turned to look at Sammy with his stern big-brother face. "Bobby was working the case with the vamps when we blew by, no sense raiding his junkyard when—"

"Dean, look out!!"

Dean turned in time to hit the brakes and avoid hitting the female figure that darted out from the side of the road. Her shocked face was lit up by Dean's headlights as the reliable Impala stopped just three inches from the young woman, the heat from the radiator blasting against her bare legs before she crumpled in a faint to the ground leaving both men to look at each other in confusion before they jumped out of the car to figure out what happened.