54

Wang Shi was pleased and proudly glanced at Mistress Zhuang in the eye.
Feeling discontented and helpless at the same time, Mistress Zhuang remained silent. However, the one to speak up was Mistress Li and she smiled, Staying true to the facts, I may have strayed a little on my judging. From the way I see it, why dont we send the twos best and most appreciated work to the gentlemen in the house and have them do the judging? How about it?

In many households, there would be two or three gentlemen who were knowledgeable in the world of poetry. The proposed idea to kick the ball out by Mistress Li was so as not to offend either party.

Wang Shi was already completely satisfied, for at least the Shi family marrying such a daughter-in-law in would not have any dissatisfaction on the roads anymore. So, why not be more generous, and she grinned, No need for it to be so troublesome! Miss Tang coming here from afar isnt easy so in my opinion, lets just give the perfume to her!

A bottle of Western perfume may seem rare to find for other families, but for the Shi family, obtaining a bottle by their own means was nothing! Something like that bottle was not very important to Wang Shi.

Wang Shi was full of generosity, but little did she know that her words were of a great insult to Mistress Zhuang and Miss Tang; as if they were really contesting for the bottle of perfume!

Miss Tang had eaten a loss for being a guest from afar. Although her heart felt extremely embarrassed, it would be inconvenient for her to say anything. As such, Mistress Zhuang became the one to speak, Ai, that shouldnt be the case! How can we change what has been set? The perfumes a small matter! With that said, she immediately ordered for the four chosen poetry to be sent out.

Really, taking my kindness for granted! Wang Shi became angry and snapped.

Seeing the gunpowder in the air, the crowd quickly laughed and greeted the event as the past.

Mistress Zhuangs sister-in-law, Mistress Jiang, was somewhat annoyed. With a shallow smile, she sneered, If I may say, it isnt as if the Shi Young Master taking the imperial examinations, so isnt these poetry somewhat irrelevant to the current Maam now! The Shi business is so huge, so shouldnt it need someone to help in managing the household? Oh, I forgot. I heard that Shi Mistress had let her niece, a master at who grew up in the household to do it instead! No wonder the Shi family Maam had so much time on her hands to read poetry because there was someone to carry all that huge burden!

Mistress Jiangs words in an instant caused the crowd to turn silent.

Gu Fangzi and Shi Fengju being lovey-dovey was something known throughout the whole of Qingzhou city. What Mistress Jiang did was inciteful with words of sarcasm. A string of words which brought about ridicule to Sang Wan for being ignorant, and also Mistress Wang for putting up an act. To boast about Sang Wan when she obviously valued her niece, Gu Fangzi, more!

That was a thorn in Wang Shis heart. Hearing those words, she was dismayed and furious. However, she knew not how to cover up, but subconsciously went to look at how her daughter-in-law would react.

Sang Wans heart was furious and embarrassed. Saying that she did not blame her mother-in-law was impossible. It had been clear that the engagement had been set between her and Shi Fengju, yet she had let the relationship between Shi Fengju and Gu Fangzi go, and to even go as far as to encourage them!

But the die had already been cast, and had already been established could not be changed by her, nor can it be expressed by her. Seeing Wang Shi giving a glance at her, Sang Wan felt even more embarrassed and awkward. How she wished she could cry this bitterness away.