Chapter 16: Home

Cora's POV

"Y-you're a hybrid? How is that possible?"

"My father made my mom keep the fact that she was a wolf a secret. To everyone else, she was human. The vampire gene is very dominant and if a werewolf and a vampire have a child, the child is always a vampire. In rare cases, there have been werewolves but never a hybrid. Until me." Theo explained. "When I shifted for the first time, my father lost it and tried to kill me but as I said, I won."

"Do your people know?"

"Yes. They do. When I killed him, I told everyone and became the knew leader. Everyone was grateful that my father was dead, he had become a ruthless leader. He killed anyone who questioned him and many other clans came after him. He became weak and a drunk over the years, making it easy for them. When I took control, I built up our clan, taking back what was once ours."

I heard footsteps in the hallway and then the door burst open. I jumped out of my seat and hugged my mate.

"Are you okay, beautiful?" Beau asked as he held me in his arms.

"I'm okay just glad to see you."

"Did they hurt you?" He said as he slightly pulled away. He examined my body and his eyes landed on the black and blue on my arm then to the bandage on my forehead. His face hardened and I heard a growl emit.

He turned towards Theo with rage, "what the hell?! Did you do this?"

"No. It was members of the clan."

"Who? They deserve to pay for this!"

"Beau, it's okay. I'm alive and you're here.  You don't need to fight anyone" I said, trying to calm him down.

He looked at me and saw how I was pleading with him not to cause a fight. I wanted him to be able to get along with his brother.

"Fine." He said as he placed a small kiss on my forehead and rested his one arm on the small of my back.

"Please sit" Theo said as he gestured to the chairs in front of him.  "So, this is news to me. I had no idea that I had a brother."

"Yeah, me too. I'm not too happy that my brother finds it okay to beat my mate."

"Look, I am sorry for how we treated her but I had no reason to believe that what she said was true."

"As far as I can see, we don't need to act like we're family. You have your clan and I have my pack. Maybe you can come over for thanksgiving dinner but for now I would like to take Cora home, where it's safe."

Theo looked slightly hurt by Beau's words, "I understand. Please let me know if you ever need anything."  He stood up and so did we. Theo outstretched his hand and Beau shook it.

"Goodbye, brother" Theo stated.

"Goodbye."
——————————————————————————
"Are you sure you're okay? You just met your brother and he's a hybrid."

"I really just don't want to talk about. I'm just glad to have you back." He said as squeezed my hand gently. "You has us really worried."

We were driving back to Black Rose and I was still trying to process everything that had happened over the last month.

My parents betrayed me, I met my mate, my ex-boyfriend tried to rape me, my mother tried to kill me and died, and I was kidnapped.

One of the only good things that had come out of all of this, except for Emily and Lizzy, was Beau. He had been there for me through all of this. He cared for me and treated me with respect and kindness.

I don't know what I would do without him.

We had reached the pack gate and started to head to the house.

As we reached the house, Beau parked the car. "Beau?"

"Yeah, beautiful?"

"I love you" He smiled with such a big grin.

"I love you" then he reached over and kissed me.
——————————————————————————
"Auntie Cora!" Lizzy screamed as she jumped into my arms as soon as we entered the house.

"Hi sweetie!"

"I'm so glad you're okay. You had so worried" Emily said as she hugged me.

"I'm glad to be home." I said as I looked over at Beau who gave a small smirk.

"Well I'm sure you're exhausted so we'll let you rest. Come on, Lizzy, time for bed."

"Fine. Goodnight, Auntie Cora! Goodnight, Uncle Beau!" She said as she grabbed Emily's hand.

"Goodnight!" We said in unison.

Once they left, Beau said he had some business to take care of and went into his office so I headed upstairs.

It felt so good to shower, I was able to wash the blood and grime off of me. I turned off the hot water and wrapped a towel around my body. Looking into the mirror, I could see the stitches on my forehead which were done before I left Theo's.

I headed back into my room and slipped on a t-shirt and shorts. Slipping under the covers felt so nice. But for the life of me I couldn't sleep.

After about 2 hours of trying to sleep, I decided to walk around. I ended up in front of Beau's room.

I knocked on the door and a minute later, Beau opened the door.

"Hey" I said.
——————————————————————————