Chapter Six

Hey guys, just here to say a few things!
First, I'm sorry this took so long again, had a bunch of things to do.
Second, I've finally sorted out autocorrect so I won't have much spelling mistakes and my 'I' will now be capitalised!
Third, there's now an UWOC amino! There's more information on it if you go to DiamondWillowTree profile!
Thanks for being patient with me and my strange upload schedule.
Bye for now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ten Years Later*

My paws touched the soft grass besides a berry bush, normally I wouldn't go close to a Kymari mother and child but I knew Sammy loved these. I could feel their gaze on me as I picked a few blackberries.

After four blackberries were in my paws, I spread my wings out before beating down a few times. I felt and looked like toothless. I wish I could watch how to train your dragon again.

After years living in the forest, we decided it would be best to live in city walls from how low our numbers were getting. They dropped to 42.

Once the aliens took over earth and wiped out the the humans, more aliens known as Kymari decided to pay a vist. Long story short they killed the other aliens and took over the planet. That all happened after a few months of freedom.

Our life changed a lot in the forest, we learnt how sharp our claws and teeth were. Also that its possible to have our own children. We only had three litters then from how dangerous the world is outside city walls, sadly two passed away causing their to only be five kits left. When we were first free we found out at sunset we have a strange urge to sing and dance in the air. Us cattets have named it The Sundown Dance.

When the first aliens were here, they released dangerous species into the forest. The common ones that like to attack us are call sicora and their young, crawlers. Most of our kind died because of them.

One time when attacking a sicora, one of the cattets discovered we can spit acid. The whole group had a long talk about what to do. Anyone under 9 months cannot spit acid. We dont get burnt by acid unless we swallow it, someone made a mistake off licking the acid off their fur after a sicora fight. Sadly she didn't make it.

When we entered the city walls the Kymari didn't mind, they loved nature and wouldn't harm us unless we attack their children. There were coyotes in the park once, but in the city over they attempted to attack one of the Kyamris young. There is now no trace on that species ever living.

I glided towards the floor before landing beside Sammy and his mate. Kailee was a perfect partner for my brother, it was love at first sight. I placed the few blackberries besides him before smiling.

"Here you go." I purred out loud in our own language, before trotting over to Alice and her mate Toby. I was one of the few females that wasn't paired up, mainly because I wasn't interested in a mate. There were more males then females meaning that most males haven't got a mate. Toby was one of the lucky few that found his soal mate.

"Oh so you get Sammy some berries and not me, I thought we were friends." I could hear the teasing tone in Alices mind voice before amusement ran though the link. "Well maybe if you were my younger sibling I would've flown over to the strawberry patch that is a couple of wing beats away."

Her facial expression changed from a friendly smile to a grin, she obviously loved strawberries. "But Izzy, we're just like sisters!" Now it was my turn to grin. "That means you should be the one getting me some fruit, im a year younger than you."

Her smirk disappeared as I layed down besides her on the warm sand by the pond, she huffed in annoyance before making herself more comfortable. "I forgot you were younger, you act like your older than me sometimes." I let out a chuckle before we fell into a comfortable silence.

We sunbathed their for a few hours before I stood up from where I sat. I jumped into the water and joined the few others that were bathing. I helped one of the Cattets to clean their back, we couldn't reach the spot in between our wings. After I finished he cleaned my back.

I quickly washed the rest of my fur before using my tail to splash a kit close by. The young Cattet squealed in surprise before looking around the water. Her eyes caught with mine before she went to splash me, of course I was expecting this so I ducked. What I wasn't expecting was that there was someone behind me.

The one behind me went to splash his mate but ended up getting Sammy and Kailee. Most who were sunbathing joined us in the water to get revenge. I managed to get Alice, James, and Kailee before we all retreated onto the sand once more to dry off.

I rolled onto my back as I looked at the sky, thoughts ran through my head before Toby entered my mind. "What are you thinking about?" He questioned, curiosity running through the link. "Just what life would be like if the aliens never took over, it's been ten years since we escaped. We would be fighting in an army right now or having experiments done on us."

Toby stayed quiet for a few moments obviously in thought. "But we're not, I'm grateful that the aliens had taken over earth. Don't think about the past, think about the future." His mind voice was quiet like he was deep in thought. The link closed after a few moments as he was probably talking to Alice now, or maybe their young.

We have named our young 'kits' I'm not sure how it came around but it makes me feel like im a cat out of warrior cats. I wished there were books we could read, although some Cattets have decided to try and make paper.

An alarm call made my head shoot up in alarm as I looked around, a Kyamri was watching us from a tree close by. I looked at the Cattets around me who were now taking off. Alice and Toby held their two kits by their scruff while Sammy and Kailee stayed on each side of them, sort of like guarding them. Since they were the only ones with kits who was in our group, everyone was staying close. I quickly spread out my wings and joined the small group of Cattets, their was only about ten of us here.

We all made our way to a small creek before resuming our sunbathing. Their was some people voicing their annoyance in the general mindlink about having to move. Although we knew the Kymari wouldn't hurt us, we didn't want them to watch us. In the back off our minds we were scared they will cage us like the humans did.

I stood up from sunbathing and voiced my goodbyes in the main mindlink before flying towards one of the main walking trails. Near them was the juicer and better tasting fruit. I landed on a branch and picked an apple, with my sharp claws I easily sliced it up and happily ate the pieces. I had searched the whole park top to bottom but their was no mangos. That had disappointed me as mangos are my favourite.

I watched some Kyamri walk under me, they clearly haven't noticed me yet. Since I have nothing better to do i decided to follow them. I effortlessly jumped branch to branch as I listened into their conversation, although I didn't understand any of it. Well that was until the conversation changed. "Dont look now but there's one of them strange winged creatures following us." I tilted my head at him, how did he notice I was here?

I didn't see him look at me, although there was a moment I looked away as a bird flew above me. A few minutes after he said that his two friends looked up at me before immediately looking away. I rolled my eyes before taking off into the air and headed towards a clearing to wait for the Sundown Dance to start.