Chapter 6 - The Destiny to Defy God's Will (逆天运数)

Jing Yunzhao was confused. Was the old man her grandfather, or perhaps her great-grandfather? But why was he transparent? And he said that they were both inside this jade pendant... Did something as supernatural as an otherworldly space really exist?

"Jing Yunzhao." The man had appeared out of nowhere, but despite her misgivings, she still obediently answered his question. 

"Yunzhao, you can consider me your ancestor. I am named Jing He (景鹤). In another world, I was a talented doctor. A thousand years of fate led me to this current world. Back then, I lived a hard life of grinding my medical skills to save the lives of others, but my life ended at merely 300 years. I was supposed to reincarnate, but because I was unwilling to throw away all my years of medical knowledge and experience, I left a fragment of my soul in this jade space. I wanted to wait and pass on everything I've acquired to a fated descendant," sighed the ancient man.

(T/N: He's a doctor that studies Eastern medicine.)

"This jade space is filled with spirituality. Its owner must be destined to defy God's will. Thus, I've waited for hundreds of years," he added.

As soon as Jing Yunzhao heard what he said, a storm of emotions swept through her heart, with the most prominent ones being fear and surprise.

Destined to defy God's will?

She had died after living a miserable life. She should've been considered an extremely unlucky person, but she was suddenly given another chance to live. Was this what he meant by "destined to defy God's will"?

"Ol-Old Grandpa, you mean I'm the one you've been waiting for?" Jing Yunzhao asked hesitantly. She couldn't find it in herself to call him her ancestor yet.

"Yes, I can tell. Your body is shrouded in an aura of brilliance. If you had lived in the world I was in before, your future would've been boundless. In this world, however, I'm afraid the chance for you to develop is minute. How about this, Lil' Yunzhao? Are you willing to inherit my medical skills?" The old man asked.

Of course, Jing Yunzhao was willing.

But...

"Grandpa, to be honest, I've never studied medicine before..." She knew that most Eastern-medicine doctors began learning at a young age. She, on the other hand, had never touched on the subject before, and now this elder selflessly wanted to teach her. If he were to later discover that she was nothing but deadwood, wouldn't all of his hard work be gone to waste?

The ancient man heard this and laughed delightfully, "There is no need for you to worry! As long as you are willing, I have my ways."

Jing Yunzhao was still feeling skeptical, but after hearing what the old man said, she accepted with a nod.

This ancient being's medical skills must be unparalleled. If she were to learn some, she would definitely receive endless benefits.

The old man saw her response and reached out his hand to move the wheel on the table. Suddenly, the wheel was levitating. Beneath it was a hidden space, and inside was a scroll surrounded by a green light.

"This..." The green luster of the treasure seemed extremely mystical.

"Written in this scroll is everything I've learned in my lifetime. You must not underestimate this scroll for being small and think that it doesn't contain much information. It is made of Spiritual Jade that I brought here from another world. There are a total of 99 pieces, start learning from the first piece. Every time you start on a new piece, you need to drip a drop of blood onto it. All the information will then flow into your mind and carve itself there naturally. Only after you have absorbed and memorized all the information there is in the current piece, can you move on to the next one," The ancient being explained.

(T/N: It's not a scroll made of paper. are some images. It's usually made of wood, but in this case, it's made of jade.)

Jing Yunzhao's initially appalled heart started to gradually calm down.

She was given a second chance at life, was there anything else that was impossible in this world?

"Thank you," Jing Yunzhao was grateful. 

"You are my descendant," the old man replied. "No need for words of gratitude. However, you must not forget, ambition will not let you fly freely. Only one piece at a time, do not bite off more than you can chew. Your brain cannot hold so much information. Even if you do not turn stupid from it, you will turn mad. Additionally, this space can be used to plant herbs. The fountain water has the ability to increase growth speed. But you cannot store it nor can you bring it to the world outside. How much the water will boost growth rates depend on its concentration. Lastly and most importantly, the hearts of the people outside have changed. Do not let others know of this space. Do not let others enter. If there comes a time where you wish to pass down this space, you need to wait for a suitable descendant like I did..."