-17-

1351 words

Chapter 17 - Home

People take their homes for granted, a warm place with their families in them. I haven't felt warm in a while, right now I'm warm though. In my heart especially, maybe that's what it feels like to finally be happy.

It's different, but must I say so far the pain was worth it if everyday will be like this. The pain was so worth it.

A shuffling next to me wakes me up, Kingston smiles at me. "Sorry to wake you." He says as he moves from my hospital bed, his voice is not gonna lie kind of sexy in the morning.

"Guess what?" He says looking at me happily, though his eyes look tired, but still so genuine. "What?" I say as I sit up, which I can do now without hurting myself too bad.

"You're going home today." He says and I look at him, "That place brings back so many bad memories." I say and he bites his lip. "I know." He says as he runs his fingers through my hair. "I know." He says again, quieter, more to himself.

"River's going to take you shopping, too." He says and I shake my head. "I don't have enough money for that." I say and he chuckles. "I do, and he does, Darling." He says and I look at him and shake my head.

"I don't want you to have to pay for me in anyway, I don't need clothes I have the other ones." I say and his lips turn to a small frown. "They went through your house, you had three sweaters and two jeans. All black, no jackets and an old pair of beat up shoes that were way to small for you.

"You had no blankets, no pillows, you had to do everything Darling. Just let me- us.. do this one thing for you, I sure as hell have enough money." He says, chuckling at the end.

"Okay.." I say quietly making him smile and get up from the bed. "I am going to get you something for your room, and River said he'll meet you at your house soon after you get there." He says and I sigh. "Okay.." I say nervously and he smiles at me.

"Tell me what's wrong?" He asks do I shake my head, looking up at him, his blonde hair and bringing my hand up to it.

I run my fingers through it softly.

"That's what's wrong, is that nothing is wrong." I say and he smiles, leaning down and he pacing his head in the crook of my neck, whispering softly in my ear, "Something I couldn't quite hear, and he knew that."

"Your mom is coming to pick you up in an hour, I'll probably drive there myself, unless you want to drive with me?" He says and I nod, anything to get away from Halo. Which I should probably tell River about.

"But just so you know my mom is bi and apparently she has a wife she met in Cuba." I say and he chuckles, "Okay," He says as he pulls on his hoodie over his white T-shirt and jeans.

Yes he slept in jeans, we fell asleep while making fun of old bachelor seasons. Though he resisted watching the bachelor at first.

I try to get up from the bed to change out of the hospital gown. Grabbing my clothes at the side of the bed and getting up, though immediately pain surges through my body and Kingston rushes over to me.

"I got you." He says as he leads me over to the bathroom, he hands me the pair of crutches I'm supposed to use that were by the door and I walk in. Standing hurts but I get used to it. As I try to reach the back to untie it it hurts every time.

I could ask for his help but he probably wouldn't. That's probably weird. At this point he's my friend, my first real friend other than River, and Lilah but she scares me, he's probably uncomfortable with that.