To the Rescue

I remember when the white aliens attacked. I had hatched less than a day before. The other dragonets helped me survive. When the green aliens came I was understandably cautious, but I knew that I didn't have the same fear as the others. Before when I was a human I was very introverted and when I look around I can't find any other dragonet with the same scale color as me. I am the only bronze. Every morning I go off and do my own Morning Song by myself. Every so often I will go and sing with the rest, but it takes a lot out of me. Recently I have noticed the green aliens were coming nearer to the rest of the flock. I don't think any of them had seen me yet. I stayed away as long as I could from the flock when I heard word that a gold female had been taken by the Kymari. After less than a year afterwards I began to venture out of my reclusive den. I had heard that the golden female had survived and was being cared for by a Kymari. I am smaller than the rest, probably because I was younger than them when I hatched. I use that small size to fit through small openings in the trees around my den. I fly towards the Kymari city to get some fruit. Once I had encountered a sicora in one of my excursions, it made me worry if the creatures were going to near my home in the near future. I sure hope not, but with creatures like the sicora you never know. I quickly gather up some fruits from the nearby trees and devour them. I freeze as I scent something nearby. I screech in fury at it as it pounces at me. I dart away. Even though I want it dead I also knew that I couldn't take it down on my own. I zip through the trees the sicora hot on my tail, quite literally. I let out a screech a beat my wings faster to try and put space between me and the creature. I know that if I don't get help soon that I'll be sicora snack. I see a group of Kylmari up ahead. I sure hope they have weapons to help distract it. As I draw near I see the gold dragonet that lived with the Kylmari. I screeched at her. Her ear-tufts perk up and she sniffs the air and lets of a screech. She turns towards me and growls. I swoop towards them quickly. The Kymari draw their weapons at her screech. They scan the area and their eyes land on me. A thought to turn around and just accept my fate instead of having their attention on me flits through my head. I shake it off. I fly towards the gold dragonet and fly around the Kymari's shoulders. He holds up a hand and I nervously land on it watching the others kill the sicora that was chasing me.
"Do you think that it hurt the fire lizard?" One of the fighters ask as they kill the sicora
"It wouldn't appear so, just frightened it."
"It is okay, they killed it." the gold dragonet Mindspeaks to me.
I tremble in fear. I trill at the Kymari and take off. I never want to be that close to those Kymari again.

Over the next few days I notice Kymari in my forest more. I quickly relocate not wanting to be found. This time I sit still as the Kymari draw closer.
"Do you wonder if the bronze Fire Lizard is part of another flock?" One asks
"Maybe, that would be exciting." The other says
I snort softly. I quickly relocate to a new part of the forest. This part is closer to their city, but further away from where they last saw me. I watch as one of the Kymari children runs down the street towards where I am sitting. I grow curious as to why it isn't near its parents. I glide down and land a few feet from it. It stops and looks at me. We stare at eachother for a while before it slowly runs back towards where it came. I follow it slowly. It runs towards two bigger Kymari that I assuma to be its parents.
"Momma! I saw a Fire Lizard! It landed just feet from me!" The child exclaims
"Really?" The mother looks surprised
The father scans the way that the child had come. I am hiding in a bush.
"Go see if it'll come to you."
I snort in amusement. Like I would come to a Kymari of my own accord without having a good reason to. I sneak away.
              -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
I watch the Kymari go about their everyday lives. This had become a common occurrence when I got bored. Each day I would have to move when one of them spotted me, but it releaved the boredom. Every so often I would see the Kymari child again. I would watch them to make sure they were safe before adverting my eyes to a new area. Today it seems was not that day that I could justify ignoring the child. Today they were in the park fields. I was in a tree nearby. I smell the faint scent od sicora. I ignore it, it could be miles away. Soon I can ignore the scent. I screech a warning at the adults nearby. I don't think they heard me and I screech loudly again. I see the sicora dart through the grass towards the child. I screech my thoughts at that action and dive out of the tree towards the creature. A release a fireball at it. It screams in fury. The adults have noticed it now and are pulling out energy weapons while the child runs towards them. I divebomb the sicora again and rack my talons across its back. I fly back up out of its reach to gather my thoughts. I hook my claws into its back and latch on to its neck with my mouth. I release it and fly up once more. I hover in the air out of its reach while it convulses on the ground. I look over at the Kymari group. They have their energy guns out and the child peers out from behind them. As the Sicora gives one last convulse I land on the ground and give a smug chirrup. The adults frown at me. The child rushes out from behind them towards me. I freeze. From what I know the Kymari will kill anything they think could harm their young. I give a warning growl. The adults call the child back, unfortunately it ignores them and moves forward.
"Its okay, I won't hurt you. I just want to thank you for saving me." he whispers
I croon at him. He giggles.
"Can I pet you?"
I tilt my head in confusion. He reaches out and his fingers brush my scales on my snout. I sneeze. He giggles again. I look over at the adults then dart back into the underbrush.