Chapter Ten

Alex POV:

I hated being away from Sadie. I've been so busy with work for the last two days I've barely had enough time to even say hi to her. My wolf is irritable and won't stop whining and whimpering which makes it hard to concentrate.

"I want my mate Alex!" My wolf complained. "You think I don't? If you will give me some peace I can finish this and we can go to her!" I argued, finally shutting him up.

"Hey, baby. I just wanted to check in and see if you were okay." I smiled widely hearing my mate's voice in my head. "I'm okay, baby. I just miss you." I replied. "I miss you too, Alex. I'll let you get back to work." She replied and closed the link. Hearing her voice calmed my wolf and I got back to the task at hand.

I hear a knock at my door soon after. I sighed and ran my hand roughly through my hair. "What?!" I yelled. Sam walked in with a fake pout. "Rude." He said playfully. I shook my head and laughed lightly. "What's up?" I asked. "We caught the rouge. He's in the cells." Sam said and I jumped up out of my seat and followed him to the cell the rouge was being kept in.

The man was black and blue from the beating of my men. When he saw me he just stared blankly at me and I to him.

"Hello, Alpha." He said bitterly. "Why have you been stalking my territory?" I asked him. The rouge dramatically sighed. "We heard you have found your Luna. Congratulations." He said making me growl. "Do not bring my mate into this." I told him, balling my hands into fists. "She's very beautiful. And your beta's sister? Just delightful." He continued. I slammed my hands on the bars and gritted my teeth. "What did I just say?" I mumbled, trying to control my wolf.

"He asked you what you want!" Sam yelled. "Oh, yeah!" He said happily. "My.. Alpha, you might say, seems to think that your Luna is his mate and has sent me to keep an eye on her. Until he makes his move that is." The man said.

My wolf had enough. His mate's life was threatened and he took over. He slung the cell doors open and grabbed the rouge by his throat. "You dare threaten my mate! Listen pup, you're not shit to me! I'm not afraid of you, but if my mate is harmed in any way, you and all the others involved in this, will be killed." My wolf snapped.

"Why don't you just kill me then?" He struggled to say. My wolf had other plans. "Because that's what you want me to do. You'll stay here, be interrogated, and if you don't answer our questions, tortured. Then... You have my permission to die." My wolf says before dropping the rouge to the ground.

I swiftly walked out of the cells and back to the pack house. I had to be with Sadie. She wouldn't leave her safe haven, where her family is and I don't want her to, so I'm going to her.

I packed a few clothes in a tote bag and headed out the door.

"Hey beautiful, you up for some company?" I asked through our link. I felt the overwhelming joy right after I said those words. I knew just where that was coming from and I got my answer. "Only if it's my Alpha." She said seductively. Oh my Goddess. This woman is gonna be the death of me. I love how much different she is in the bedroom. For someone who waited so long for her mate to take her innocence, you sure as hell wouldn't be able to tell. "Oh absolutely, my Luna." I replied to her. Then my wolf interupted. "Focus! Rouge!" He yelled at me. Fuck! God damn it!

"I need to talk to you about something when I get there, okay?" I told Sadie. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I could tell she was worried. "Yeah, baby. We'll talk when I get there." I replied before closing the link.