Chapter 15

Author's note.... I guess it's time to get rid of Mycroft huh?

A day has yet to pass, and you looked around the room, waiting for anything to happen. Sherlock went on ignoring Mycroft, the problem of who was bringing you was not resolved. You already had an answer, you were simply waiting.

You sat on the long couch of Sherlock's apartment, Mycroft remained where he was, no intention of leaving. He was reading a newspaper, for God's knows what. Newspapers will always remain useless to you.

"Hey, did you finish eating?" you nodded, not bothering to look up at Mycroft, embarrassment coming from your actions. Sherlock was sitting next to you, ignoring Mycroft's occasional glare. He seemingly was reading a book, you didn't bother reading the title, you knew he wasn't actually reading. He was too careful about letting people know he was reading. Turning the pages at precisely 27 seconds. 

"Since no one bothered to ask, I won't be going to your home, I have much to deal with Gregory." It wasn't entirely a lie. You didn't have to, but Gregory wanted to go for tea with you since he has always taken a liking to you. Like father-daughter. You could schedule it any time, you know he'd make time for you. Unless there was a murder investigation in which both of you would attend that. 

"What?" Both Homles' brother expressed their shock. 

"I'm not a toy to be decided who the owner is, I'd rather have a nice cuppa with Greg and then head and do some paperwork with him, it's easy and relaxing," You defended yourself. Sherlock as the first to respond. 

"I think that's a good idea, but my mother has complained about not hearing from you in a while," I shrugged.

"She knows where to find me, Lestrade has complained about the same thing so I'm kind of in a bind," Sherlock rolled his eyes. 

"I want to introduce you like my-"

"She's my best friend and that's all mother needs to know about her Mycroft," Once again the argument resumed. Five minutes have yet to be passed. These dreadful brothers. Why do you have to hurt one of them in order to maintain a relationship with one of them? 

You best friend or your er, date? The man who you're prooved to yourself that Sherlock didn't matter.