Prologue

I was walking home from the last day of school before spring break, after goodbye to friends. As I opened the door, both of my parents and my 8 year old sister, Christina, were sitting in the dining room.

I was confused and didn't know what was going on. At first I thought my sister had snitched on me as the night before I had sneaked out to go to a party. I also had a slight feeling of knowing exactly what they were going to say, but was wishing it wasn't true.

"Sit down please", my dad calmly told me.

I did as he said ready to face the consequences of my sneaking out, but when I saw my sister she had confused and scared look on her face. Which made me scared too and knew what conversation we were about to be given.

"We have..umm" ,my mother cleared her throat, " me and your um father have haven't  been working anymore" my mother stated nervously looking at us and my father.

As soon as she said this though, I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"We have been thinking a lot" my father continued looking at my mother then back at us "a divorce would fix this"

Even though I already knew what they were going to say, hearing them say it made me feel so sad and very angry at my father.

A few weeks before this I had found some messages on his phone of him texting someone else and agreeing to meeting them. It wasn't the first time my father and the person from the messages had seen each other. In fact, while reading most of his messages I had found she had a 2 year old boy, and guess who was the father? THAT'S RIGHT! MY FATHER. I confronted my dad about it, and he had the decency to try and bribe me.

My little sister had started crying and since she had been beside me I hugged her and told her everything was going to be okay. I personally wasn't crying, I tried my very hardest not to. Biting on my tongue was doing the trick.

"We are going to move Driftwood where your both starting new schools" my mother who had tears rolling down her cheeks stated.

I just nodded my head knowing being angry and shouting  would have done nothing to improve the situation. I was thinking of the moving part though. Driftwood was the town we used to live in before we moved 3 towns over 4 years ago.

"I already have enrolled you guys into your school and have an apartment ready for us to move into" my mother kept on saying and I swear I was almost on the verge of screaming and crying. Almost.

I looked at my father and met his gaze. His eyes were almost daring me to say something to him. He knew I was the one that snitched him out and when he found out it was a very bad for me.

My sister was now sobbing uncontrollably and I was trying to comfort her by running my hand up and down her back and letting her cry on my shoulder making it all wet and full her boogers.

By now I could taste metal and I knew I had bit my tongue a bit to hard so I started biting my cheek still trying very hard not to cry. I looked at my mom and nodded again knowing if I opened my mouth I would start crying.

When I had gone up to my room, I let my sister sleep with me and we watched a movie together. When she had fallen asleep I got up from my bed and went downstairs to see my father sleeping on the couch. I then went outside and sat on the porch steps and started to cry. A lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know this probably sucks ass but what do you guys think so far??

And what do you think of her family so far?