Chapter Forty nine

" where are you going? "

I paused at the door heading out.

"For a walk. I'll be right back"

"Mhm" said Phillisa looking over her coffee mug.

I walked along the side walk, my body tingling, hands clammy and my hairs standing on ends. Yes, I was on my way to the garage, yes to see Andrew. Well, maybe he wasn't there today. His girlfriend was here and naturally he should have been taking a break.

Especially with what was going on. I thought about telling him about the conversation we had but then maybe she said it in confidence. I don't know why, she thought I'd be the better part of the solution but I was swept in just the same.

"Well, Harry told me that she was here but I haven't had the time to see her sadly"

"I'll be sure to let her know you missed her"

I pulled to a stop falling to the line of conversation. Mrs. Henderson smiled up at me from her seat with andrew. They really acted like a family. Surprisingly he wasn't screwing either, how odd.

"Kenzy" said Mrs. Henderson. "Nice to see you again. You here to see andrew?"

" Oh, uh, not really"

She touched Andrew's hand. "I have to say andrew, I'm seeing both of you together quite often"

"That was once, she just here, so that doesn't count" he replied.

"Well, I think there's much more than you're not telling me here"

"Right, I'll be over tonight to see about that problem you're having" he said getting up and looking over at me frowning a bit before walking a distance away.

"You're telling me to leave already?" She asked chuckling before turning to me. " so kenzy, so you come here often? I've tried to get him to tell me about you but he's rather secretive of the relationship"

"There's really no relationship, I just need him to look at something likewise that's all"

She gazed at me for a while trying to decide if I was telling the truth. When she walked away, I still hadn't decided if she was convinced or not. I waited on Mr. Grimm to finish up on the other side, fiddling with a few shiny metals lying around. What reason would she have for asking him about me though? His girlfriend was here and by now I thought everyone would have noticed that she was the only woman he cared about, so why would she be interested in me? I'm just a friend, that's the title I was given when we were introduced. Could it be that Gale might've told her about me being at the house? So she was on her side and was accusing Andrew of cheating? But that wouldn't make sense since Gale had apologized only a few days ago about that very same thing.

I looked up as Andrew placed his tool box at his feet waiting for me to pull myself from my thoughts. I liked watching him work, I got used to his uniform, he made anything looked good once it was on him. His eyes caught mine as I pulled myself from of oogling him.

"What's thing thing you need me to look at?" he asked leaning against the car I stood at.

" Nothing, I just didn't want her asking anymore questions "

"You lied?" He shook his head. " you didn't have to lie to her"

"Its hard to convince old people of certain things. And being honest" he glanced back at me pausing. "I wasn't really sure I'd find you here today, being that she's here. I don't want to cause anymore problems for you"

"Well you don't have to worry about causing problems since she isn't here"

What! What does that mean?