A HAPPY BEGINNING

After that night Nakshatra started feeling comfortable with the thought of getting married, she started feeling less burdened. She had found herself a new friend in Akshay, he was quite an amazing person who respected her wishes and thoughts and that's all she needed and expected from her partner particularly at that time.

After a month,

'Akshay, where's Rohan?' Sheela asked placing the breakfast on table.
'Will be here in a minute!' Akshay said and sat next to his mom.
'I hope you will be able to manage your shopping, in any case take Rohan with you!' Sheela said.
'Yes mom, I will take him with me, today I am free so we will leave right after breakfast!' Akshay said.

Rohan came running towards them before his father could find him missing from the table. Next minute, Manohar joined them and the day started with never ending talks about the upcoming big day.

'I though he will have a Big fat Indian wedding!' Rohan said looking at his parents who seemed cool with his brother's sudden decision of having a simple marriage.

'It's their wish Rohan!' Sheela interrupted.
'Bro! But why did you say so?' Rohan asked akshay.

'Just like that! More the simple, more the sweeter it will be!' Akshay replied with no hesitation.

'Did Nakshatra agree to this?' Manohar asked, Akshay nodded with a smile.

'Dad! These two are very different yet they actually say similar things and have similar thoughts! I don't understand how!' Rohan started his chatter.

'That's the magic of getting a soulmate! You will be able to feel it soon too!' Manohar teased Rohan.

'Oh! Yeah! But I want a really huge, like a big fat Indian wedding!' Rohan chirped making the whole family smile at his eagerness.

'Surely! But for now go with me for shopping!' Akshay said pulling his cheek.
'Fine! But what will I get?' Rohan demanded.
'Anything! I will pay all your bills, happy?' Akshay asked.

'Cmon! Its your marriage and you have to pay my bills, Try making a more impressive offer, Mr. Akshay,' Rohan said in a dramatic tone being all bossy.

'Fine! All your bills for next one month!' Akshay groaned,'Now! Let's leave, we are getting late!'

'Akshay, Have you considered taking up the company?' Manohar asked and the silence prevailed over the table.

'Why are you asking me now dad?' Akshay asked.

'Its just that you are getting married and will be settled soon so!' Sheela said.

'Oh!' Akshay was in a deep thought for a while,'Okay! Listen everyone, I am really happy with my work, I really love being an architect and I don't have any other plans. And I am not the only son, here is your little munchkin who will be graduating soon so please start pursuing him!' Akshay said making Rohan choke on his food.

Manohar laughed at his little son. Rohan had a sad look on his face.

'So, you will be the next one!' Manohar playfully patted Rohan's shoulder.

And the rest of the day went in wedding shopping and arrangements.

On the other side, Nakshatra was forced shop alone, though she requested her mom to join her, she denied due to some important meetings she had to attend. Without any choice, she went with Kriti for her wedding shopping, though she loved spending time with her, Nakshatra could feel the void of a motherly affection already!