Growing up, Forgetting things, And Maybe A Side Of Giving Up On Dreams

By the way this takes place when they are only in their second year, and I know it's meant to be the third but just roll with it ok!

I never heard from Meliodas again since that day, because I never had the need to call on him. I also - regretfully - sort of forgot about Meliodas and his promises to me. As I and Kacchan grew up more, he became even more aggressive and prideful.

 I was nearing the end of Junior High, so we had to start thinking about what High School we wanted to go to. I already knew that I wanted to go to UA, the top hero school in the world! It has always been my dream to become a hero, but I know I have no chance of getting in... but still, something inside me told me to keep going and to hold my head high, keep believing and to have hope. 

"So! As second-year students, it's time to start thinking seriously about your future and what you want to do with your lives. I could pass out some career aptitude tests but" the teacher said "Why bother? I know you all want to go to the hero track!"

The class cheered and activated their quirks, showing them off as if it wasn't against the school rules to use quirks in class. 

"Yes, yes, you've got some very impressive quirks there! But no power usage allowed in school! Get a hold of yourselves." The teacher sighed.

"Hey teach" a voice rang out.

"Oh no..." I thought.

"Don't lump me in with this bunch of losers, I'm the real deal but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks to some busted d-lister! Hah!"

"YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN US KATSUKI!" the class shouted.

"Let's go I'll take you all on!"

"Huh. You've got impressive test results. Maybe you will get into UA." the teacher said while looking at his file.

"He's gonna try for the nationals?!"

"That school has a 0.2 acceptance rate!"

"It's impossible to get into!"

Comments like this streamed through the classroom, while Bakugo just looked smug.

"That's why it's the only place worthy of me!" Bakugo grinned "I ace all the mock tests, I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance at getting in, I'll end up more popular than Allmight himself! And be the richest hero of all time! People all across the world will know who I am, and it all starts with UA high!"

"Oh yeah, Midoriya don't you want to go to UA too?" the teacher said obliviously.

The class went awkwardly silent.

Then everyone burst out laughing.

"Midoriya?!" 

"You're kidding right!"

"There's no way you're getting in without a quirk!"

"Well, actually they got rid of that rule! I could be the first one!"

Bakugo started to advance on Midoriya angrily, then exploded his desk in half.

"Listen up Deku! You're even worse than the rest of these damn rejects you quirkless wannabe! You really think they would let someone like you when they could have me?!" he threatened

"Huh?! No! You've got it all wrong! Really! I'm not trying to compete against you! You've gotta believe me!"

"You'd never be able to hang with the best of the best! You'd die in the exams!"

"Defenseless Izuku! The schools already crappy, you really wanna embarrass it more by failing so hard!"

I looked down at the floor, feeling as helpless as he said I was.