[25]

100k are you guys joking?! Thank you so much for the reads I never expected to get so many!! I love you guys loads hence why this chapter is earlier than expected!! I just wanted to show my thanks by posting this so I hope you guys enjoy.

Seriously, you're the best!

~•~

We didn't have a game this week due to our homecoming falling on the Friday. Coach even decided to give us Thursday to Sunday off so we could enjoy ourselves without being in pain following training. A lot of the team, seniors especially, were grateful for the time off. I for one don't want to be teetering around on sore legs that can barely hold my body weight up due to soreness.

I want to be on my feet for as long as humanely possible; I want to enjoy being in the company of one incredibly gorgeous, sarcastic blonde bombshell that has agreed to be my homecoming date for the evening.

Ever since I asked her to the dance, Mackenzie has been on my mind endlessly. All I want is to constantly be in her presence, be the focus of her endless teasing, and have her hug me on the couch whilst we watch movies or TV that she spent ages coercing me to watch. I want to be able to spend more time with her but unfortunately with soccer and planning for the dance we haven't really found time to hang out after school for the rest of the week.

I know I say it constantly, but the way Mackenzie is slowly but surely bringing me out of my shell and boosting my comfort levels is nothing short of amazing. I don't understand how meeting one girl is suddenly the push my body needs to start convincing myself that coming out doesn't seem all that bad.

Especially if it means that I can show everyone how important she is to me.

She told me the colour of her dress so that I could buy something to match, but we've agreed not to see what the other is wearing so that it'll be a surprise. April and Faye offered to help me find a dress seen as though I'm not the best at shopping for clothes, and whilst I did end up getting dragged around for hours I did manage to find a dress that I really do love. I think Mackenzie will love it too, or at least I'm hoping that she does.

This Tuesday just gone was a stressful day of dress shopping, booking a table for our large and extensive group to go out to eat, and buying a ridiculous amount of alcohol for the party at mine afterwards that Faye and April have only just finished convincing me to throw. For some reason I had been delegated to sort all of this out, despite being the least organised girl I know. It kept coming back to being captain of the team and how they're basically my children half the time anyway so why not help them with their homecoming plans.

I offered for everyone to meet at my house and get 'collected' by their dates instead of us all meeting at school. Seen as though my house is far too empty and big and straight out of a home design magazine not to be used for the back drop of my friend's pre homecoming couple photographs, I figured it only fair to offer it up to them. It also means that we can spend pretty much all day together and get ready with each other and stuff.

My mom and dad have said they're going to make the effort to get off work early to see me before I go, and they've even said that the won't be in for the rest of the weekend so that I can have the party in peace. They were also pretty stern in saying that if anything broke I would be forced to get a job and pay for it out of my own hard earned time and money. For once the money they gift me every month wouldn't be touched and I'd actually have to do something for myself. The only problem with that is everything in my house is ridiculously expensive so I'll be paying them back until I die.

"Alex!" I hear a voice hiss close to my hear and an elbow shoved gently into my ribs. I snap out of my day dream about what Mackenzie's red dress is going to look like later tonight to stare into the grey eyes of the blonde beauty herself, a grin forcing the corners of her lips upwards. "I've been asking you to help me with this question for the last five minutes, what were you thinking about?"