𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮 𝐝𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐢 ✧ 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞

March 18th 2020 / Requested by my constant need for angst / 700 Words

✧ 。゚✐.*゚☆: *.☽ .* ✎。:*゚

Rain slammed against the windows of your apartment, a contrast to the fire that raged inside. Not a literal fire of course, although perhaps that would have been preferable; to have the crimson flames consume you, as your flesh melted from your skin and your screams were etched into the ashes that floated into the night air. It wouldn't even have been an odd sight for you either. You had seen those flames many a time erupt from the palms of your hand into being, burning crimson and cyan as they consumed your enemy.

But there was no fire tonight, just alcohol and tears as you attempted to drown your sorrows. Your lips were chapped and bloodied from the constant abuse of your teeth, saliva and blood now staining the rim of your glass. And you would never drink this drink again you decided. The whiskey was strong and expensive, a shame it was to have such a high tolerance right now; because it didn't matter that you were halfway through a bottle and promoted to the rank of mafia executive.

Because he was gone. That asshole left, he left Chũya, he left Akutagawa, he left Mori, he left you. Without so much as a goodbye. And what? Over the death of his friend? What did that make his lover? His partner? His subordinates? It reduced them to nothing in the wake of Oda's death.

And the thought only made you sob harder because Oda was a friend, he took care of your burns and helped treat your wounds when you scorched your own flesh from training. He introduced you to Osamu, he helped the two of you each in your own respect. And he was dead.

Sakunosuke Oda was dead and Osamu Dazai had left you.

The two most important people in the world to you were gone and they left you in the ashes, the fire had been put out by the hammering rain and the ashes and embers were washing away, slipping through your fingers as your tried to hold on to them as thunder rolled and lightning split the sky apart.

Your fingers were slippery from your own sweat, the bandages on your fingers to hide and help heal small paper cuts certainly not helping as you dropped your glass which proceeded to spill on the counter before rolling off the edge and shattering on the floor. More tears clouded your vision as the sheer feeling of helplessness washed over you.

Bending down to pick up the pieces of glass and tossing them in the garbage before clumsily wiping down the counter, ignoring the stirring pain of alcohol entering your fresh cuts courtesy of the shattered glass. Running a hand thought you tangled hair you cursed as your fingers got ensnared in a knot, yet another excuse for the sob that bubbled up from the bottom of your throat.

"Fucking, bullshit!" you yelled, giving up on your hair as you gripped the edges of the kitchen sink, trying to regain your balance, "you asshole! You. I... why? Why would you leave without me! You absolute dick!" You screamed, voice cracking as another sob left your lips and you slid down onto the floor, curling up into a ball as if to shield yourself from reality.

You felt hot and your eyes heavy, it wouldn't be a stretch to say you had a fever, after all, alcohol never did you any real favours. It only made the burning feeling worse as tears refused to stop, streaking clear and obvious pathways through the ash on your cheeks from your previous job.

He left. Osamu left you in the ashes to lick your own wounds, and you had always known that he could never be the medicine you needed for your burns, but still, it helped numb the pain. But if he ever came back you'd shown him just what it felt like to burn in hell.