Chapter Ten

And I'm lost in the waters
Your light is my shore
I'm searching for answers
Because all I know is I'm losing hope
Emmit Fenn
(Lost In Space)
                                          _His First July

Chapter Ten

DANY

On my left, Janice's frown slowly deepened while Avery babbled on about my relationship with Daniel. Mandy on the other hand, completely ignored the world, snapping non-stop selfies. Tuning out, I picked apart my fries, my thoughts scattered, and their voices, distracting. 

"When you both started dating, I wasn't in full support-" Avery was saying.

"Not just you," Janice said. "I also wasn't in full support, and I remember telling you, Dany, That Daniel wasn't the right guy for you." 

Mandy chuckled, finally dropping her phone. "Guys, what's wrong? They fight all the time, we all know Daniel will eventually come along." 

I sighed. 

"Are you kidding?" Avery asked, turning to her. "He hasn't answered any of her calls and texts since Saturday... He didn't even bother to check in." 

"Wouldn't be the first time." Mandy deadpanned. 

I refrained from glaring at her, as my mind wandered to where Dorian was.

"Wouldn't be the first time? That's not a healthy relationship." 

"They love each other, that’s all that matters." Mandy said. 

I almost rolled my eyes at that. Love? Yeah, maybe we did... A year ago... Now it's just like trying to sit on a 2 legged chair. We grew apart when we got into senior year. 

But being with him was what was expected of me… But was it worth it if he couldn’t even make me happy?

I knew this time I'd have to apologize until he felt like accepting it, since yesterday I went to his house to see him and probably hang out, but he asked his sister to tell me that he wasn't home. Although it was kinda obvious he was, because his car was parked outside, and I could hear the music blasting from the speakers in his room. 

He was home, he just didn't want to see me, which proved that he was still very mad at me.

What did I even do? I didn't ask him to drink himself to stupor the night before tryouts, and I also tried to wake him but he didn't wake up. 

"Do you still love him Dany? Cause you sure as hell don't look happy, and that idiot is responsible for it." Janice said, her dark eyes drilling into mine. 

"Guys just-" I sighed. "Let's just drop this issue please. Daniel and I are cool, trust me." 

"But you're not." Avery said, her brows furrowing in concern. 

"Like Mandy said, he'll come around, he's just a little mad at me, let him cool off." I said, looking around the cafeteria, spotting Daniel with his teammates, laughing at something one of them said. "He'll come around." I said, barely audible.