💉32

|Achille

I couldn't shake the feeling that something happened when I passed out. Because I found Aurelie, Darius, and myself in a different place. I wasn't sure where, but it didn't matter because I had Darius with me.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Darius ends up asking me when he finished putting away the clothes he brought with him in this rental we were in. I still don't know what happened and he won't tell me.

"Not really... Don't force yourself to do anything. I'll just...feed Aurelie." I mumble, standing up as Darius looked at me solemnly. Following me as I went to the fridge and grabbed some baby milk.

When I put it in the microwave for ten seconds, I just kept myself from looking at him.

"I'm not forcing myself. I thought you would do anything to help me and my memories?" He questioned me, and I look away.

"I did say that...but I don't want to be hurt anymore right now." I say as I take out the milk, walking to Aurelie's room with him following behind.

"You won't be hurt. I ensure you, you won't be feeling any pain...even if it will be hard for me to control this spell cast on me. I will try my best." He smiles at me, but I didn't smile back.

It wasn't the same.

I was excited earlier, but now it feels different. I just feel sad and hurt. Don't know what events happened before for him to suddenly act this way. But it just felt fake to me.

I don't want fake. I just want the real Darius.

"Sure." I pick up Aurelie, beginning to feed her. My eyes were on her and avoided to look at him. He made me happy, sad, and angry all at once. I've been through too many turmoils in such a short period of time.

I feel like I'm falling apart.

Suddenly I feel Darius' arms wrap around my waist, pulling me towards him. I look up in surprise as he rested his temple against mine, looking down at Aurelie. His eyes moving onto mine.

It startled me at how familiar this felt, but his eyes were still purple.

"What are you doing?" I ask, trying to pull away only for him to pull me in.

"I'm...doing what my heart wants me to do - not my mind." He murmurs to me, and I became...irritated. Where was this coming from? Was he doing this for my benefit? Because I rather him do nothing than force himself to do this.

"Where is this even coming from?" I question nervously, Darius grinning.

"In my memories it seems that I loved hugging your body. I loved staring at you, hugging you, holding you, kissing you-."

"Stop." I pull away, putting down Aurelie's bottle as I began to rock her. Patting her back so that she could burp.

"Why do you want me to stop?"

"What's your objective in all this? To make me feel like I've truly lost something? Because it's working." I shake my head as I heard Aurelie burp, making me smile. Went to lay her down and as soon as I did Darius grabbed my arm.

Pulling me against him, I felt my head rest his chest. His arms tightening around me and I had to stop myself from thinking this was something.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks quietly, and I look up at him. Seeing him grin down at me, my eyes going on his lips.

Except what did he want to kiss me for?

"Yes, you don't even have to ask." I tell him, and he immediately presses his lips to mine. When he kissed me I had to stop myself from getting too excited. Though my hands did begin to cradle his face, but his hands rested on mine.