A.U. 1990's - 1

Eve woke up to the annoying and incessant ringing of her alarm clock. She groaned and slapped the noisy box so she could get five more minutes of peace.

Just as she almost falls back into her deep slumber when she feels something poke her in the face. "Evie..." she heard her baby sister mumbled. Eve lets out a deep sigh and opens one eye to see her brother five year old brother Eddie holding recently turned two year old Eva in his arms.

Yes, she's Eve and she's Eva. Her mom got really lazy at the hospital.

Eve got up and wiped her eyes, looking down at the both of them. "What happened?" She asked, picking up Eva.

"Eva has to go potty," Eddie tells her.

"Why didn't you bother Eric? Or Evan?" Eve groaned as she quickly brought Eva over to the bathroom so she could do her business.

"Cause you're the big sister," was Eddie's response.

Eve rolled her eyes as she helped Eva wipe her self before washing both of their hands. "Lucky me," She grumbled.

She then woke everyone up to get started on their day. She barged into the room that Eric and Evan shared, turning on the lights. "Wake up, you're gonna miss school," she orders.

"Let me," Eric said from under the covers.

"Missing school is not an option," Eve yells. "Get up. Get dressed." She says a final time before shutting the door. "And help me make breakfast!"

She dressed Eddie and Eva up and while Eric made breakfast since he was the second oldest, being sixteen. He complained but obliged. Everyone had a brilliantly made bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast.

"I gotta go!" Evan jumps up from his spot on the kitchen table. "Bye Evie!" He presses a kiss in her cheek. "Bye Eva!" He kisses his baby sister's cheek. "Bye Eric!" He waves to his older brother. "By Eddie!" He waves his little brother off.

"Bye baby!" Eve sends him off.

"See you little man," Eric ruffles his head as he rushes off. He was in middle school, meaning Eve didn't have to worry about him as much as the last two. Eve and Eric grabbed their bags and each took a younger sibling and made their way to Mrs. Johnson, an older woman in their neighborhood that was sort of like a surrogate grandmother to them at this point.

"Thank you Mrs. Johnson," Eve waved bye to her sister, "have a great day!"

"You have a good day at school now!" Mrs. Johnson waves off.

Eve then shifted her attention to her younger brother. "You want me to walk with you to school?" She asks Eric.

"Nah, my bros coming through soon. They gonna give me a ride to school," he tells her. And as if on cue, a loud, speeding car barrels down the street and stops abruptly next to them on the curb. Eve recognizes a couple of the neighborhood boys and sees a couple of them wearing gang colors on their necks, wrists and pockets.

"What's up E!" Eric's best friend Curtis greets, hanging out the window.

"Ayyy man, what's up?" He daps a couple of his friends off as he got in as Eve eyes the whole thing suspiciously. "Hey Eve baby!" Curtis waves, making her roll her eyes and making Eric elbow his friend. "Bye Evie!" Eric says as the driver steps on the gas and speeds off.

Eve sighed and makes her way to the bus stop, worrying a bit about Eric. She didn't like his friends but she also couldn't tell him who he could and couldn't be friends with. Finally the bus arrived and she got on, paying the fare before finding her seat.