03

Human Ways

Readers point of view

All night I've been tossing and turning. I tried sleeping but my thoughts had been keeping me up all night.
Maybe it's the five strangers that may or may not be sleeping in my living room, or maybe it's the fact they claim to be from a magical world and have done unexplainable things with said magic.
Whatever the reason it's not letting me sleep.
As my tossing and turning eventually gets boring I checked the clock in my room and saw it was already 2:00 AM.
Great.

As my thoughts kept me awake something else seemed to catch my attention. The echoing sound of our toilet getting flushed over and over again.

Why is someone flushing the toilet so many times in a row?

I quickly came to the realization that it was most definitely the guys in our apartment. I also quickly realized an important fact,
I'm the one who has to pay the water bill this month.
I jumped up in a scurry and rushed over to the bathroom. I had pushed the door opened and my eyes had laid on the guy who was flushing the toilet. My favourite of the bunch so far. Rhys, who had seemed mesmerized by the bathroom.

"What're you doing?" I asked, catching his attention.
"I'm investigating this fantastic device. The musical sounds that come from it when I pull on this lever. Just take a listen." Rhys explained with his eyes wide as he once again pushes the lever to flush the toilet. As we both listen to the loud sound of the toilet he looks at me with puppy dog eyes and a big smile. "Did you hear that?"
"...The sound of my wallet crying..." I muttered.
"Hm?"
"Forget it, just go to bed. Make sure you and the others stay out of the bathroom." I explained and got him out of the bathroom.
I watched as he went back to the living room where the other four were "sleeping."
In all honesty I couldn't tell if they were actually asleep or just sitting with their eyes closed but as long as their not breaking into my room then I don't care if they decide to sleep or not.

I went back into my room and quickly locked my door behind. Maybe now I can finally get some sleep.

!!Knock Knock Knock!!

"Ughhh..." I sighed turning over in my bed.

!!Knock Knock Knock!!

"Hmmm..." I groaned.

!!Knock Knock Knock!!

Of course I won't be getting anymore sleep. That's wishful thinking.

I slowly got up and walked over towards my door and unlocked it so I could open it a crack to see who was knocking so loudly on my door.
Through the little crack I had opened I saw the man with light blue eyes and a strong build waiting outside my door.
"What do you want?" I asked holding the door still incase they tried to barge in.
"We want to speak with you." He explained quietly.
"Fine...just give me a minute alright?" I tell him and shut my door, locking it once again just in case as I change into my everyday clothes. After that I had opened my door to once again be met by the tall quiet guy waiting to bring me into my own living where the others had been waiting.